Recommended Brake Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SuffolkSifter

Car
ML350
I have a 2012 ML350 and have just seen the "Check Brake Wear" icon on the dash. I have had a visual inspection and pad thickness looks OK. I understand the the inner pads wear down quicker and that is where the wear indicators are. I want to replace them myself and want to know if I have to stick to Merc OE or what other make of pads to look for and where to purchase.

I did have a quick search here but not really found the answer.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
I usually go Brembo or Textar, get them from eurocarparts. And Bosch sensors. ECP pretty much always have around 40% off, or more, code going somewhere.

Sometimes there are multiple options when you put your reg in. E.g. on my car they show up both AMG line and non AMG Line for the front pads, so just make sure you know which ones you need if more than one "fitment" shows up.

Brembo , ate, pagid, are all decent. Ring a dealer for a mb price and go from there.

Thanks for the info and tip about Eurocarparts discount code. How do I find out the Mercedes original part number for the pads?

Put your vin into www dot 7 zap dot com in the mercedes catalogue section

I usually get original MB pads, but (as others said) any decent brand will do: Pagid, Brembo, Ferodo, Ate, Delphi, TRW (Lucas), etc etc.

Incidentally, when I bought my W204 the (non-MB) dealer fitted new discs and pads at the front before I collected the car. The pads fitted are VTECH, which is GSF own-brand (similar to how EPC have Eicher as there own-brand), so my initial thought was that they got the cheapest bits and I should probably replace them... but nearly 4 years later I can see they have served me well (and still do), they are quiet, stop promptly, the pedal feel and response is good, dust level is reasonable, no complaints.

That said, when the rear brakes needed doing, I opted for genuine MB discs and pads.

Also, my car is a C180... I suppose that on more powerful cars the make an model of tbe discs and pads is more important.

Try Autodoc, cheaper than ECP & you can search for the right pad fitment & various makes using either your reg or vin.

How are you finding them?
They seem pretty decent on the couple of drives I've done. As mentioned, there seems to be a bit of noise under heavy braking, I'm pretty sure from the rears, but they certainly stop the car well.

Edit

They seem pretty decent on the couple of drives I've done. As mentioned, there seems to be a bit of noise under heavy braking, I'm pretty sure from the rears, but they certainly stop the car well.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Are those the Brembo pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom