Recommended exhaust shops for cheaper cars - ATS, F1 autocentre etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derektrotter

Car
MB
Hi All

The exhaust on our old budget Yaris seems to have developed a fault as its now very noisy, can anyone recommend any decent places to get it sorted?

Locally we have the usual F1 autocentre, Kwik fit, ATS and the halfords autocentre, any good experiences or recommendations out of the above? If it was my MB i'd know which indie to take it to etc but not sure about this one!

Good and bad vary from centre to centre. Out of the 4 I would say my local ATS but that is down to (a bad) experience at my local franchise

Longlife always had a good reputation at one time if there is a branch close by.

My local garage beats most of the franchise places both on price and quality.
If you have a local go to person it may be worth a try?

My Merc inde works on other cars too - you could ask you preferred if they do?

I've used ATS and F1AC in the past but only for tyres. They were both fine but I imagine like many places, the outfit you use is only as good as the people who work there.

Thank you all, we don't have a local we know unfortunately so will get a couple of quotes from F1 and ATS and go from there, it's only a Yaris so hopefully a simple fix :)

Buy the system from Eurocarparts and fit it yourself. A lot cheaper and a sense of achievement.

Buy the system from Eurocarparts and fit it yourself. A lot cheaper and a sense of achievement.

I used to do that with the 190e. Back and middle boxes were a piece of cake. 20-30 mins max. Less time than driving to the exhaust centre and back let alone sitting around and waiting.

Front section up to the the manifold was a lot more difficult. I only did that once in 21 years and wouldn't have attempted it again.

Front section up to the the manifold was a lot more difficult. I only did that once in 21 years and wouldn't have attempted it again.
On my car is was getting the pipe over the rear sub-frame that I couldn't do on the drive.

I asked politely at a local garage, and they put it up on the ramps for me; it was done in no time.

So, my advice is that there's no harm in asking. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom