Recommended Mercedes dealers for servicing from this list (Beds/Herts/London area)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derektrotter

Car
MB
Hi All

I have a service due and due to a couple of reasons need to use a dealer, unfortunately Indy is not an option, was hoping to get some member recommendations out of the following list:

MB of Stevenage
Sytner Milton Keynes
Sytner Bedford
MB Watford
MB of Aylesbury
MB of Hertford
MB of Beaconsfield
Sytner Northampton

I've already used Milton Keynes previously and had a pretty bad experience so will probably avoid them this time around.

Would appreciate some recommendations as the thought of using MK again is giving me stress :)

Thanks

A secondhand recommendation for Colindale (a bit far south, but not that much worse than Watford!)

Out of interest, is it important to use a main dealer for servicing? I'm getting increasingly concerned by the amateurishness of main dealers in general- both for sales and servicing!

Sadly would not recommend Colindale, Watford or Stevenage for service. I would recommend Stevenage for sales, really good experience. If you are willing to travel this far then Brooklands is the answer, the only dealer I currently let near my car.

Sadly would not recommend Colindale, Watford or Stevenage for service. I would recommend Stevenage for sales, really good experience. If you are willing to travel this far then Brooklands is the answer, the only dealer I currently let near my car.

Ha! I heard that Colindale was "much better than Temple Fortune" but perhaps that's not saying much...

Ha! I heard that Colindale was "much better than Temple Fortune" but perhaps that's not saying much...

Haven't used them and the others I didn't mention anything on, can only comment on experiences and feedback from trusted people.

Hi All

I have a service due and due to a couple of reasons need to use a dealer, unfortunately Indy is not an option, was hoping to get some member recommendations out of the following list:

MB of Stevenage
Sytner Milton Keynes
Sytner Bedford
MB Watford
MB of Aylesbury
MB of Hertford
MB of Beaconsfield
Sytner Northampton

I've already used Milton Keynes previously and had a pretty bad experience so will probably avoid them this time around.

Would appreciate some recommendations as the thought of using MK again is giving me stress :)

Thanks

I've also had bad customer service experience from Milton Keynes and always use Cambridge now, no problems there.

Return customer of my local dealer (northampton) and a few others here are too

No complaints about them, have used past two years with no worries

An amazing Indy close by too which does all my repair work if needed, have had brakes supplied and replaced by them- Parkhams in Wellingborough

Why do you have to use a main dealer, If you don't mind my asking?

Good q, Terry @ Wayne Gates would be my recommendation.

Thank you all for the replies, reason for needing to go to the main dealer is I have a warranty which dictates I have to use main dealer servicing, looked into this quite a bit and theres no way around it, also may be easier to sell car with main dealer servicing in any case, I did get a quote from a couple of indys and it was only £50 cheaper, to be honest if the warranty issue wasnt there I would have still gone the indy route as I'm really not a fan of the dealers hence this post.

I'll look at:
brooklands
cambridge
northampton
hertford

And see which has the best feedback on this forum :)

derektrotter said:
Thank you all for the replies, reason for needing to go to the main dealer is I have a warranty which dictates I have to use main dealer servicing, looked into this quite a bit and theres no way around it, also may be easier to sell car with main dealer servicing in any case, I did get a quote from a couple of indys and it was only £50 cheaper, to be honest if the warranty issue wasnt there I would have still gone the indy route as I'm really not a fan of the dealers hence this post. I'll look at: brooklands cambridge northampton hertford And see which has the best feedback on this forum :)

Don't forget the extra £50 at a main dealer gets you 12 months of mobilo, if a indie is only £50 cheaper try another one, that one is very very expensive for a indie.

After some digging i'm leaning towards Brooklands at the min.

Wholeheartedly agree with the recommendation of Mercedes Beaconsfield I've used them for a
number years and their service has always been good.

Brooklands are over £100 more expensive then MK which is a shame, the search continues, service plan makes each service about £420 a service which seems a bit steep.

derektrotter said:
Brooklands are over £100 more expensive then MK which is a shame, the search continues, service plan makes each service about £420 a service which seems a bit steep.

How old is the car and what model? £420 you're averaging but not taking into account the included breakdown cover, and additional service items which can soon tot up a service bill

I found that MK was the cheapest dealer for a service compared to Bedford, Watford and Stevenage.

Maybe I have been lucky but for me MK have been great and have gone the extra mile for me despite me not buying the car from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom