Recommended PPF installer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

23 Romeo Tango

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
X253 GLC 250 || Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach
Hi,

Has anyone had any work done at Wrap Monkey in Sunderland or know anything of their work standards.

Wrap Monkey: Vehicle Wrapping | Tyne and Wear | Wrap Monkey

I'm looking at getting the front end of my car protected with paint protection film (PPF).
As you can see from my signature below my car is designo selenite grey magno and I believe it's not possible to touch up or even spray single panels in the event of stone chips/damage.

As almost all of my journeys from home start with a 6 mile drive down country roads it is only inevitable that it will end in tears.

Previously I've used Tint Team in Middlesbrough for the wrap on our Ford Ranger, the quality of work was very good but I was looking for someone who specializes in PPF. Also Wrap monkey will prep the paintwork prior to installing the PPF, I'm not sure if all installers would do this, although I would like to think so.

Any other recommendations in the area are also welcome.

Cheers,

Richy.

Thanks Abb, I take a look on his site also.
Is he a member on here, I've seen that logo before somewhere ?

He's not no mate. I have posted pics up when I have had work done from him before on here, perhaps thats where it looks familiar from. He's just carried out some work on a AMG GT and it look stunning.

Mention I have recommended him to you, if you do make any enquiries with him.

Will do mate.
I'm glad that he has done a car with the same paint finish as I'm a bit concerned about the possibility of subtle differences between protected and unprotected panels. I know 99% of paint finishes will be unnoticeable, but designo magno is a little different from the norm isn't it. I guess he will be able to advise.

Full car PPF ~£5000 :eek: isn't really an option, but as I mentioned earlier I know for sure I will have stone chips within a few days so front end protection is a must for me.

Full car PPF ~£5000 :eek: isn't really an option.
How much?!?!
In my opinion full PPF is too expensive, but I'll certainly be protecting the front end. After all it's cheaper than a full respray.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey Abb, I don't suppose you have any contact details for him do you.
I emailed him on Thursday, but still no reply.

I could only find [email protected] on his website, which is in need of a serious update by the way.

I don't use instagram or stalkbook, just good old emails.

Forgot to mention I'm in Malaysia ATM, that's why I have haven't just paid him a visit.

If you ever drive down south or near, i know of a chap who does PPF. His overhead is low and hence cheaper install price. He can travel too.

email me if interested. [email protected]

Hey Abb, I don't suppose you have any contact details for him do you.
I emailed him on Thursday, but still no reply.

I could only find [email protected] on his website, which is in need of a serious update by the way.

I don't use instagram or stalkbook, just good old emails.

No probs Richy,

I can pm you his details.

If you ever drive down south or near, i know of a chap who does PPF. His overhead is low and hence cheaper install price. He can travel too.
Thanks for the offer sirius, but I'm wanting it done reasonably local to avoid driving it extra miles unprotected. :thumb:

It’s fine Abb, he has now replied to my original email.
Cheers.

No probs Rich, I can not send you a PM (although you have the required post count of 30 I think it is). Perhaps contact admin to have the facility enabled. You still picking the 63 in a couple of weeks??

In my opinion full PPF is too expensive, but I'll certainly be protecting the front end. After all it's cheaper than a full respray.

I want to know what happens when rocks hit it at 140mph :p

No probs Rich, I can not send you a PM (although you have the required post count of 30 I think it is). Perhaps contact admin to have the facility enabled.
I noticed that the PM/Conversation option still wasn't available to me so I messaged adim on Tuesday but they haven't got back to me yet. Although I did contact them through 'contact us' at the bottom of the page, I guess this probably wasn't the best option.

You still picking the 63 in a couple of weeks??
I already picked it up a couple of days before Christmas, then I had to leave for work on 15th Jan. Now I'm just waiting to get home on 15th Feb to get the PPF done.

I want to know what happens when rocks hit it at 140mph :p
Maybe I should put 2 layers on :D although 70mph is the national speed limit so I'm covered with 1 layer. :rolleyes:

I noticed that the PM/Conversation option still wasn't available to me so I messaged adim on Tuesday but they haven't got back to me yet. Although I did contact them through 'contact us' at the bottom of the page, I guess this probably wasn't the best option.

I already picked it up a couple of days before Christmas, then I had to leave for work on 15th Jan. Now I'm just waiting to get home on 15th Feb to get the PPF done.

Give me shout please Rich, would love to see it in the flesh!

No bother, I'll PM you when I'm home......................if I get my privileges by then.
From admin, not the wife. :D

Reactions: Abb
Front end PPF underway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom