Recommended products for Obsidian Black

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Preston-m3

Car
SL55 AMG. BLACK.
Hi, Ive got a CL55 AMG in Obsidian black with black interior. What would everyone recommend product wise I use on all areas of the car;

Paintwork (Wash, Polish etc)
Interior
Wheels
Plastics (wheel arches, wipers etc)

Thanks

Mark

+1 for Meguiars Gold Class, excellent product. This is what I used when I had an Obsidian Black SL and achieved great results.

Poorboys Blackhole for the exterior - it's a glaze so goes on before wax. Great product.

Does a glaze go on before a wax? I thought it was put on afterwards.....hmmm one lives and learns..:thumb:

Poorboys Blackhole for the exterior - it's a glaze so goes on before wax. Great product.

Definately poorboys blackhole, its excellent for filling any swirl marks and giving a rich shine.

Have you ever tried topping it with some of their poyboys sealant? Either EX or EX-P for extra longevity before waxing..... if not I can seriously recommend it.:thumb:

Does a glaze go on before a wax? I thought it was put on afterwards.....hmmm one lives and learns..:thumb:

Generally it goes:-
Clay - to remove contamination from the paint.
Abrasive polish - to minimise the effect of swirls/scratchs.... this is where most paint correction occurs
Glaze - sometimes these have extra fillers to hide any remaining swirls
Sealant - Helps to seal the glaze and gives extra protection.
Wax - Final protection (not always necessary with some sealants), gives a final gloss and helps water to bead and run off.
Detailing sprays- normally in spray form and can act as a wax top up.

Just spent half the day claying my car.

Tomorrow will be applying Car-lack AIO and sealant glaze.
I have always used this on my car with very good results.

i find that Autoglym range is very easy to use.

Autoglym super resin is a highly underrated product, topped off with their extra gloss protection and their high definition wax, would give a finish which would satisfy 90% of car owners. Some of their line I dont rate highly, such as their tyre gloss (contains silicone which is a pain to remove from bodywork if you ever need any paintwork) and I wouldnt wash my dog with their car wash!!! :p

Hi, Ive got a CL55 AMG in Obsidian black with black interior. What would everyone recommend product wise I use on all areas of the car;

Paintwork (Wash, Polish etc)
Interior
Wheels
Plastics (wheel arches, wipers etc)

Thanks

Mark

Paintwork - Meguiars Hyper Wash to wash, Poorbuys luxury drying towel to dry. Meguiars last touch to use as a drying aid. 3M medium clay (use the last touch as a lubricant), Blackfire Midnight Sun wax - looks awesome on dark mettalic/pearlescent finishes.

Interior - Meguiars APC for upholstery/carpets, door shuts, pedals, dash etc. You dilute to suit. Leaves a nice matt finish. If you like shiny plastic use a dressing. Personally I hate shiny! Steam is also a very good cleaner for interior. Leaves a factory finish and has the benefit of killing bacteria. For leather use Gliptone cleaner.

Wheels - Wolfs Brake Duster & EZ Detail brushes. Dress tyres with Meguiars Tyre Endurance

Plastics - engine bay use Aerospace 303. Can us eon exterior plastics too. For a more durable (2 years) solution that leaves things looking factory new try Gtechniq C4.

Check out detailingworld.com - be warned - it's addictive!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom