Recommended Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conrod121

Car
e63 AMG
Anyone have any recommendations of tires they have confidence in and what car?

Inside 2 front tires are wore on E63, I did read somewhere they have issues with wheel alignment?

Mark

Goodyear Eagle F1. Ok they only lasted 6,000 miles but the MPSS became un-drivable when down to 4mm of tread!!!

Michelin PS3, great grip, wet or dry. Come with MO1 (AMG) rating

I'm on Goodyear Eagle F1 A2's, grip is good but I'm going for MPSS next for sure!

In terms of the wear on the inside wall I believe this often relates to a fairly aggressive camber angle which is considerable issue on the A45.

MPSS . Contis very poor grip in comparison .

It's worth noting, that people often compare a worn set of xyz brand, with a brand spanking new set of abc brand tyres.

So of course the former will be 'poor' as they're worn!

Think of the F1 boys, they love a fresh pair of boots.

It's worth noting, that people often compare a worn set of xyz brand, with a brand spanking new set of abc brand tyres.

So of course the former will be 'poor' as they're worn!

Think of the F1 boys, they love a fresh pair of boots.

F1 tyre's are totally different to that of road legal tires.

If comparing new for old and like for like then worn tyre's will provide more feel & grip in dry conditions than that of a tyre with more tread.

LOl, that's what you think. Ive ran both sets of tyres on the same cars and there isn't much in it IMO.

I beg to differ . You are more than welcome to come and try both sets on mine - run the Contis on my 18inch rims and the MPSS on the 19inch rims .Night and day between the two - in fact so much I couldn't believe it myself.Traction light hardly comes on with the MPSSs .I found it hard to believe that Mercedes put such a 'poor' tyre on the AMG as standard issue . Saying that , I also couldn't beleive that AMG put out a car with so many ponies and not even fitted a LSD as standard !

I have to agree put conti's on and they were OK
But did not last long
Put Michelin on (ok went to a 265) the back the blocks are much bigger so much more grip on everyday driving and they have out lasted the conti's so far
Read loads of things about the tyres on here about makes and sizes best thing I have done going up a size and changing to the michelins

I ended up with a set of P'Zero's. Fitting them this weekend. The tires coming of are Conti's Sport which I thought weren't a bad tire all up and handled quite well.

Anyone shed anymore light on the camber issue if there is one in the e63's?

I just put a set of MPSS on all round.
Only had the car a few weeks and the rears were almost shot anyway.
Great price from mytyres delivered. Saved over £80 even on Costco prices.
First time I've had these, and so far so good. I liked the PS3's on a previous car and always wanted to try the MPSS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom