Recommended US to UK freight forwarders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam09

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350cdi coupe sport obs black
Guys, can anyone recommend a freight forwarding company that will ship an item to me from a US address that they provide? I’m looking to buy an item from a US website that only offers shipping within US.. I’ve come across companies such as myus.com, borderlinx and shop2ship but unsure if they are expensive or not..

Try getting the seller to send via UPS . They do a door to door global service.
They won’t do that as they are multi national retailer (the north face) my only option is to get it delivered to a US package forwarding company.. the item I want isn’t available here in the UK as it’s exclusive to us market only..

Yea I have used UPS also and they were fantastic.
Out of interest, what would be ball park figure for a small light package?

All depends how fast you want it, I believe I paid £50 for 48 hour delivery door to door for a very small light package but there were much cheaper options also with UPS, I just wanted it fast!

Is the item you want available perhaps from the retailer via eBay or Amazon who would take care of the international logistics for you?

I used UPS a few years ago to get shipments of Ford Econoline parts . Mostly very reasonably priced , but a couple of times had to pay extra for duty and clearance. On one shipment I got a brand new van radiator , for £185 including shipping. Surprised North Face are not available through other sources . If you are buying via a store I wouldn`t think they would be too concerned about the final destination.

Is the item you want available perhaps from the retailer via eBay or Amazon who would take care of the international logistics for you?
Nope I wish it was, it’s an exclusive product only for the north face usa shoppers, north face UK can not source it! May just have to pass on it..

I used UPS a few years ago to get shipments of Ford Econoline parts . Mostly very reasonably priced , but a couple of times had to pay extra for duty and clearance. On one shipment I got a brand new van radiator , for £185 including shipping. Surprised North Face are not available through other sources . If you are buying via a store I wouldn`t think they would be too concerned about the final destination.
Yeh it’s the USA online store for north face, they don’t ship outside of the states unfortunately and with the item being an exclusive one the only option is to have shipped to a forwarder then on to me.. probably won’t go for it anyway..

How about putting a post on one of the US Mercedes forums and see if someone will buy the product and post it to you if you deposit the money into their PayPal account first?

How about putting a post on one of the US Mercedes forums and see if someone will buy the product and post it to you if you deposit the money into their PayPal account first?[/QUOTE
Hmm good idea might try this..

I’ve done some man maths...

Book a holiday to the states and save the postage costs :D

I’ve done some man maths...

Book a holiday to the states and save the postage costs :D
Lol yeh it was a pipeline dream to go to New York just for shopping many years ago when the pound was reasonably strong against the dollar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom