Recomnended gearbox repairer kent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynall

MB Enthusiast
Car
The silver one.
As it seems my gearbox is fubared i am after a auto box man to give it some tlc, any recomendations kent?

Only one i know of is a place called automatix on the meday city estate.

Sorry for this post as its a follow on from gearbox zizizng noise but now it needs repairing hence new thread.

Lynall

I have a great guy down here that I use if you would like to send it down. oh you may need to get your TC refurbed too. I recomend Midland Transmissions for that.

Dont whatever you do go for the cheapest option - you need someone who comes highly recommended and knows what they are doing. Otherwise you will end up paying twice. Have you been changing the ATF on the car regularly?

Thanks for the replies suggestions, so far without speaking to them i have got 3 to ring, olly i would love to use your man but i want it done asap as im at the mercy of the wife:D

1, Gravesend trans

2, Automatix medway, just down the road from where i work and i know they have been there for over 10 years which hopefully says something.

3, Meadspeed autos faversham feta member

From plenty of googling it seems almost certainly like i need, new box, new tc also seems a good idea, unthinkably for me i will get them to supply and fit so no arguments come any potential warranty problems.

Lynall

Spoke to Terry at Meadspeed autos, what a man:rock: excellent advice told me what the problem was straight away, filter blocked due to suspected glycol contamination, breaking down the clutchs

So new filter and oil atf 3 and its now drives fine, another filter in the boot and some more oil atf 3 coming this afternoon so i can change it again later this week, if it runs okay for the next couple of weeks i will get a new rad and change the oil with mb oil this time.

Filters £7.50 each genuine mb cheaper than of e-bay!, atf 3 £17 for 5 litres and mb oil £60 for 12 litres from e bay:)

Then if its dies good and proper either get a second hand box or this one rebuilt.

So assuming it keeps it rolling thats less than £300 bargain.

Happy happy happy:bannana:

Meadspeed 07773 616545 hes now on holiday for the next week

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom