Recording from a radio onto a pc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
What I want to try and do is record from a portable (dab)stereo onto my pc then put it onto an mp3 player to listen later on,Does anyone know if its possible.I thought If I plugged the head phone lead into the "line in" socket on my sound card I could record it that way but cant find a way of recording it.

Also does anyone use Nero 7 ultra and have any problems creating audio cd's.just of late the cd's that I have been making have all sounded as tho the tracks are skipping but ok on the mp3 file im using :confused:

Cheers

XP has a sound recorder built into it - from the start button it should be ....

programs/accessories/entertainment/sound recorder

however it's not that great but your soundcard may have a better version. If it's a creative one you have the creative recorder.

You will also need to enable recording in the windows mixer and specify the input. If you are using the standard windows mixer (double click on the speaker icon in the taskbar) that will open the "playback" mixer. Select "properties" on the menu bar and you can change it to the recording mixer and enable " line in" as your recording source.

HTH

Andy

andy_k said:
XP has a sound recorder built into it

Andy
Cheers,
Just tried it but it only give 60 seconds of recording,Im looking for about 12 hours.I have found a program called "skado" which im trying tonight but its only a trail version so it wont last long :( .

guydewdney said:
Most DAB stations are on the 'net now - why not try recording direct from that?
Ive listened to the radio station on the net and it only gives out 20 k/bits sec and sounds quite tinny,Hoping direct from the radio will give better results.I just need to find free audio ripping software or a crack.(Any recomendations on software:D )?

Soundforge!!!!

:)

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom