Recover deleted Outlook items

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzComander

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate
Anybody know if this is possible?

Somehow, a load of contacts disapeared into the deleted items folder and we deleted them :mad:

Also, cant understand how the contacts got deleted from address book, as both my partner and I swear we did not delete any. Any ideas on that one as well??

Cheers,

BenzComander said:
Anybody know if this is possible?

Somehow, a load of contacts disapeared into the deleted items folder and we deleted them :mad:

Also, cant understand how the contacts got deleted from address book, as both my partner and I swear we did not delete any. Any ideas on that one as well??

Cheers,

Hi BenzComander,

I'm assuming you're using Microsoft Outlook and not Outlook Express?

As far as I know, if you delete from deleted items then its gone for good.

I suppose you've already tried going into the Deleted Items folder and going to Tools, Recover Deleted Items? If this doesn't recover the items back then I think its definitely gone forever.

Another thing to know is if you do Shift-Delete then the item is permanently deleted and doesn't ever make it into Deleted Items.

Hope this helps,
Steve

In a Homer Simpson Style "DOHHH"

Dont have a recover deleted items in the deleted items folder though.

What about if I recover my computer to a previous saved state (running XP Home)?

BenzComander said:
In a Homer Simpson Style "DOHHH"

Dont have a recover deleted items in the deleted items folder though.

What about if I recover my computer to a previous saved state (running XP Home)?

In Microsoft Outlook go to:

Tools | Options
Select the 'Other' tab and click on the 'Advanced Options' button
Click on 'Add-In Manager'
Check if you have 'Deleted Item Recovery' checked

If its not showing then click on the 'Install' button and select DUMPSTER.ECF from:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Addins"

This will ensure the correct add-in is added. The above path is typical but maybe slightly different on your PC setup.

I'm not sure if reverting to a previous saved state will take emails into account. I think it may be more to do with system files, etc which have been overwritten (but I could be wrong!).

Cheers,
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom