Recovering Vehicle stuck in PARK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Exhausted my efforts this morning on YouTube and google.
Only method I found was using skid plates to drag the car on to a flat bed.

Taking the vehicle off is more difficult.

I have had a similar experience testing a prototype all wheel drive electric car, that completely shut down due to a failure. All four wheels locked solid.

The AA had no trouble at all winching it on, and off a normal flatbed recovery truck using skid plates. The truck has a facility to extend a pulley from the rear, so the cab mounted winch can forcibly unload the car also. Recovery agents are well versed in this, and they won't find recovering such an S-class to be a problem.

If you wanted to do it yourself, search for wheel skates. Much easier if the car is on smooth tarmac rather than gravel though.

Martin.

‘No keys’ would be a great way of moving on a vehicle at auction with any kind of electronic/engine etc type issue - just saying ;)
Stolen recovered vehicle - unrecorded.

Having spoken to a few people about getting a new key programmed ...have been told that it 95% would be a dealer only option (due to the newer software on the S class)

Dealer has stated all in cost of £320

If the auto gear stick is in the normal position between the front seats you just have to lift up the leather at the rear of the gear stick and you will see a little yellow button underneath. Press it down with a screw driver etc and wiggle it into neutral

A 2015 S-class would have the shifter on the column stalk though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom