Recovery lorries.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
I saw a double-decker bus lifted up being towed by a recovery recently and have seen them in the past.

They sound seriously meaty when accelerating.

What kind of power/torque are they running?

How close are you to Flimwell on the A20? At the bottom of the hill below the traffic lights, just at the start of what used to be the dual carriageway stretch, is a recovery outfit that has big American recovery trucks - and they are massive! You could pop in there for a look!

Last year we were in a traffic jam on the M1 alongside a big dutch registered artic. that sounded absolutely awesome every time we moved off! I assume it was a non standard exhaust system but it was great :D :thumb:

On the grand scale of recovery, a bus isn't really that heavy compared to a fully freighted artic which has died. Something like this (one of my clients vehicles) may help though: -

21570902115_e08aebf945_b.jpg

It's an R620, the name suggesting the 620bhp it comes with, though it also manages 3000Nm of torque to help it on it's way. :)

I've seen a place called NYR off the A2 in the past and they seem to have a lot of similar vehicles.

Most impressive.

How close are you to Flimwell on the A20? At the bottom of the hill below the traffic lights, just at the start of what used to be the dual carriageway stretch, is a recovery outfit that has big American recovery trucks - and they are massive! You could pop in there for a look!

That's Neil he have all sorts volvo , daf , kenworth and Peter built the weakest have 510hp the Peter built have a 15l cummins that pulls north of 700hp.
Neil Yates Recovery.

Last edited:
That's Neil he have all sorts volvo , daf , kenworth and Peter built the weakest have 510hp the Peter built have a 15l cummins that pulls north of 700hp.
Neil Yates Recovery.

There's a couple.

ForumRunner_20170209_215653.jpg

ForumRunner_20170209_215701.jpg

Sounds like the place I've seen in post #6!

I'm nowhere near Flimwell - do you mean the A21 Chrishazle?

On the grand scale of recovery, a bus isn't really that heavy compared to a fully freighted artic which has died. Something like this (one of my clients vehicles) may help though: -

21570902115_e08aebf945_b.jpg

It's an R620, the name suggesting the 620bhp it comes with, though it also manages 3000Nm of torque to help it on it's way. :)

So what? :rolleyes:

2007-Volkswagen-Touareg-tows-Boeing-747-Front-Angle-1024x768.jpg

:D

I think he does, Flimwell traffic lights are at the A21 and A268 junction, and the former A21 dual carriageway section is about 1/2 a mile north of the lights.

Yes that's it - just before Snodland. On the A228 I went down, mind!

It's me that lives just off the a249 (kettle is on) and I don't have any recovery trucks, but often require their services, as I do have a 124. You are correct it is the a228.

It was a VW publicity stunt for the V10 Touareg ... it was loaded up with some huge amount of ballast to give it enough traction to pull the aircraft (which is presumably a lot lighter than a real 747, since it has no engines).

7 tons of ballast :crazy: - what did they use? Gold bars?

Cheers,

Gaz

7 tons of ballast :crazy: - what did they use? Gold bars?
Steel plates IIRC. I suspect that was actually the total weight of the vehicle rather than the amount of ballast added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom