red and green flashing with indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jayx

Car
SL 500
My 1996 SL R129 has been in fine form and last week when i changed Key fob batteries i had the indicators flashing and interior rear view red and green light flashing......so i did a sync on it= double click x2 and get it into pos 2 in ignition....seem to do the trick, then did a couple of days driving all good and one was nice long drive too.....then yesterday i had to get something out the car and clicked the remote and it all started again....today battery in car was flat.....but after a quick boost it all worked but the red/green/indicators flashing.....any ideas?????its doing my noodle in.....ps after 5 mins it normal all stops flasing and just red light flashing...............

Don't you just need to re-synch the key again, after the flat battery.

yes i will re sync but it had already started green/red/indicators flashing prior to flat battery....i need to fix the cause via some advice.....

Last edited:
Something is causing the Batt to Flat out over a short period, needs bunging on STAR to diagnose.

Seem to remember a member on here with the same problem which turned out to be a faulty sensor switch on the lectric hood

This is strange as i have changed the batteries less than 10 days ago but reading #2 from above link says its still down to the keyfob bats.....however mine does flash for longer than 30 seconds it is flashing about 3-4 mins....last time lid was off is over 3 weeks but weather has been cold in south london about the same time it started going freaky on me,.......i wil do some more investigation ie to see if alarm indicators flash and weather spare key fob works any better.............any further helpful suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom