Red arrows crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ouch... hope he ejected OK.

I saw one eject years ago, 1990 it must have been as it happened at Leuchars. Nick Faldo had just won The Open and the Red Arrows were preparing for a flypast. I looked across St. Andrews bay through my binoculars as they were rolling down the runway in formation, and as they reached take-off point a little dot popped up from one of the planes, which carried on into the sea.

Crikey, hope the pilot ejected. Saw their display over Fowey regatta on Thursday night.

Latest is that he was found walking a dog by the river so he must be ok.

He was found by a dog walker!

I saw the Red Arrows at Biggin Hill some ten years ago, the display was very very impressive.

The Red Arrows at Silverstone this year were awesome.

Sadly, from what I can see on the BBC news at this time, it does not look as if the pilot survived...

Sadly, from what I can see on the BBC news at this time, it does not look as if the pilot survived...

The fact that no official statement on his condition has yet been released suggests that they are trying to contact his next of kin first. However, some reports are saying he was "severely injured", suggesting that he may have ejected prior to impact.

News now starting to filter through that the pilot sadly lost his life.

"One of the local farmers said they'd seen rescue teams pulling the pilot out of the river."

That's all they are officially saying right now, no confirmation yet either way.

Very sad - Red Arrows displays never fail to bring a lump to my throat at the talent of the pilots and their crews.

The best of the best of the best!

Wonder if the 'elf and safety' lot will put an end to them after this ?

Probably quite likely in the nanny state in which we live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom