Red Bull F1 factory visit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ginger55k

Car
2 taxis Serviced by PCS
I was the very lucky winner in the charity auction at the recent Benz on the Green organised by Ollie and his team at PCS for the charity BEN.

My win was a visit to the Red Bull factory with a guided tour by Nick forum member "nb racing" Benz on the Green co-organiser.

Well today was the visit and what a fantastic day to see behind the scenes how a formula 1 team operates.

So the family day out required an AMG in the car park and no mention of Renault :D

ginger55k-albums-red-bull-f1-picture9199-wp-20150719-10-41-28-pro.jpg

ginger55k-albums-red-bull-f1-picture9200-wp-20150719-10-42-19-pro.jpg

ginger55k-albums-red-bull-f1-picture9202-wp-20150719-10-44-22-pro.jpg

One or two trophies in the cabinet.

ginger55k-albums-red-bull-f1-picture9201-wp-20150719-10-44-06-pro.jpg

For obvious reasons no photos allowed inside the factory but lots of hands on some very expensive carbon bits and pieces, the technology was mind blowing, seeing the 3D print room and watching things grow before your eyes.

A few items on test beds simulating the loads the components would experience during a Grand Prix, and still a lot of work going on with a number of staff busy during a sunday afternoon.

AMG Girl and the boys loved every second of a very in-depth tour from Nick, the last factory tour I experienced was the AMG factory visit last year, SWMBO left there quoting "one man one engine" that was an expensive tour:D

Once again thanks to Ollie and Nick and all those who helped out at Benz on the Green in aid of the charity BEN, and lastly to Christian Horner and Red Bull for allowing us to visit.

Tony

Last edited:
I've done the tour 5 years back. I agree it's Amazing if you get the chance to go.

I've visited the MTC too (but just the boulevard) even then seeing the historical cars and trophies is a boon.

Glad you and the family enjoyed it Ginge. :)

I was with Dan today who was bidding against you for this, wish I'd known you were going today, could've rubbed it in a bit more. :bannana:

Glad you all enjoyed it.
To have a group of people who were all genuinely interested and enthusiastic made it all the more pleasurable to show you round.
Thanks again for your generous auction bidding. We'll have to come up with something new for next year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom