Red Bull road rage ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 65149

... on foot!

Glancing out of our first floor window earlier, my niece spotted a lady parked outside our house with her door open and pouring the contents of a can into the gutter. No big deal I thought. Then as we both watched she brought the can back into her car and shut the door, before immediately opening the door again and carefully lobbing the empty can into our hedge.

I immediately went downstairs and out to the front where I retrieved the can and walked towards the car to challenge the lady about her actions. I'm sure she saw me so she drove off - quickly followed by the empty can that I aimed at the car's rear window. My aim was perfect but I instantly regretted my actions.

The car stopped and a lad who I would estimate to be in his late teens jumped out of the passenger side and charged towards me with steam exploding from his ears. After threatening to smash my glasses he demanded to know where my car was so he could inflict damage on it. I know plenty people who would have lumped him one by now, but I chose to just say that I wouldn't recommend that he carried out his threats. Eventually the lady driver (his mum?) got out of the car and came over to have a go too. I let her rant on about criminal damage and the dangers of throwing things at moving cars. She said that she didn't see me pick up the can and head towards the car, but strangely enough she knew I'd thrown it!

When I replied that I accepted that what I did was wrong and apologised for my angry reaction to her throwing rubbish into my hedge, she explained (many times without drawing breath) that she'd knocked the can of energy drink over in her car and hated the smell so had to get rid of it. She'd just been visiting my neighbour Sam and said that Sam was getting a bag to put the can in. (Sam never appeared with a bag.) She didn't answer when I asked why she didn't just take the can to Sam's house and ask to put it in her bin. But at least she did send the aggressive skinny lad away, perhaps realising that he'd probably come off worse if he continued his non-stop threats. I resisted the temptation to suggest that the lad needed to cut down on energy drinks.

I could see that she wasn't going to apologise for throwing the can onto my hedge so I took the lead in apologising for my can rage and held out my hand to shake hers. She accepted and said that she too was sorry. So much better than throwing fists.

Shouldn't have chucked the can into your hedge - tramp (and junior tramp in the making) - end of.

I responded too soon to an unedited post. Once again too quick to react!

Was the "Getaway" a diesel ???

... on foot!

Glancing out of our first floor window earlier, my niece spotted a lady parked outside our house with her door open and pouring the contents of a can into the gutter. No big deal I thought. Then as we both watched she brought the can back into her car and shut the door, before immediately opening the door again and carefully lobbing the empty can into our hedge.

I immediately went downstairs and out to the front where I retrieved the can and walked towards the car to challenge the lady about her actions. I'm sure she saw me so she drove off - quickly followed by the empty can that I aimed at the car's rear window. My aim was perfect but I instantly regretted my actions.

The car stopped and a lad who I would estimate to be in his late teens jumped out of the passenger side and charged towards me with steam exploding from his ears. After threatening to smash my glasses he demanded to know where my car was so he could inflict damage on it. I know plenty people who would have lumped him one by now, but I chose to just say that I wouldn't recommend that he carried out his threats. Eventually the lady driver (his mum?) got out of the car and came over to have a go too. I let her rant on about criminal damage and the dangers of throwing things at moving cars. She said that she didn't see me pick up the can and head towards the car, but strangely enough she knew I'd thrown it!

When I replied that I accepted that what I did was wrong and apologised for my angry reaction to her throwing rubbish into my hedge, she explained (many times without drawing breath) that she'd knocked the can of energy drink over in her car and hated the smell so had to get rid of it. She'd just been visiting my neighbour Sam and said that Sam was getting a bag to put the can in. (Sam never appeared with a bag.) She didn't answer when I asked why she didn't just take the can to Sam's house and ask to put it in her bin. But at least she did send the aggressive skinny lad away, perhaps realising that he'd probably come off worse if he continued his non-stop threats. I resisted the temptation to suggest that the lad needed to cut down on energy drinks.

I could see that she wasn't going to apologise for throwing the can onto my hedge so I took the lead in apologising for my can rage and held out my hand to shake hers. She accepted and said that she too was sorry. So much better than throwing fists.

I bet they drove a Peugeot 206...

C36fan said:
I bet they drove a Peugeot 206...
Close, but no prize. It was a Jap/Korean people carrier thing (with a nice big rear window to aim at).

I think given the same circumstances I'd have done exactly the same Tim. People like that seem to go around doing anything they like unchallenged. We can only hope she and her nutter of a son will learn from this. However, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim

Absolutely agree with your stance on this. We live in the countryside about 4 miles from a Macdonalds Drive Through. The single track lanes around us are absolutely littered with empty Macdonalds carrier bags and drinks cups. How I wish that I could find the culprits and return their filth to their front gardens. Where our drive joins the local lane (about 500 yards from the main road) some people prefer to empty their bowels into our hedge, male and female. This is done in full view of our house, under the name sign for the house. As above the temptation to follow them home and take a dump in their front garden is immense.

Where do people actualy start to think that throwing litter out the car is in any way acceptable?

When you see the state / quality / intelligence of some of the great British public, I do worry. The low standards some / quite a few people (chavs) have is fearsome.

... on foot!

You should have cut the bitch off and chucked her in your hedge along with the runt! :D

Only kidding...

I used to overreact quickly to stuff on the roads in my youth so I know where you are coming from. In later years I often did stuff and then think "why did I do that". I eventually managed to break the habit and have since been a chilled driver actually.

Helps with your overall well-being I think.

You might have said

"I thought you'd forgotten your can so was just returning it"

Many moons ago I did the same in a fit of pique, after being clipped by a car at a pedestrian crossing which knocked the wing mirror off.

Having a little more weight than a RedBull can, it arced gloriously through the rear screen and came to rest on the parcel shelf. Probably couldn't manage it again if I tried!

I don't blame you OP! If the mother has zero respect I doubt the little gimp she's spawned will turn out any better!

Sadly it's frowned upon to kick a Redbull can up the ar$e of the average moron.

Tim

Absolutely agree with your stance on this. We live in the countryside about 4 miles from a Macdonalds Drive Through. The single track lanes around us are absolutely littered with empty Macdonalds carrier bags and drinks cups. How I wish that I could find the culprits and return their filth to their front gardens.

A letter to McDonalds management , suggesting that they start a litter patrol before you think of complaining to local councillors ( who will licence their establishment to continue trading ) might be a place to start .

Local newspapers , who can send out a 'tog to get some pictures of the littering , also love to run stories like this ...

Where our drive joins the local lane (about 500 yards from the main road) some people prefer to empty their bowels into our hedge, male and female. This is done in full view of our house, under the name sign for the house. As above the temptation to follow them home and take a dump in their front garden is immense.

Where do people actualy start to think that throwing litter out the car is in any way acceptable?

If it is that close to your house , you might be able to set up CCTV to capture what is , after all , a public indecency offence and can result in those convicted being placed on the sexual offenders register . If your camera could capture car number plates as well as the offence then it shouldn't be hard to obtain a prosecution .

Otherwise you could post the videos on social media and shame them .

A sign at the end of your drive 'CCTV in operation' might stop a lot of it in the first place . If it is happening either on your own property or in a public place you have every right to film it .

Thoughtless woman discards rubbish...stupid (since they know where you live) man throws rubbish back and hits car. Man gets upset that occupants of car get upset just because he might have damaged their car.

Am I about right?

Thoughtless woman discards rubbish...stupid (since they know where you live) man throws rubbish back and hits car. Man gets upset that occupants of car get upset just because he might have damaged their car.

Am I about right?

Sounds about right.

The old red mist is a very dangerous thing. Been there several times in the past myself. I find myself thinking before acting nowadays

I think your reactions were disgraceful, I accept that you saw your wrong doing and apologised....but to take such action is crazy.
Put the boot on the other foot....say you left/dropped/threw a can of pop out of your car(ok so you wouldn't, but lets just say you did)...and the nearest home owner threw it and it hit your car?

I can see this topic being totally different.

Your wrong doing is 100% worse than their wrong doing, no matter what kind of people they are, you have lowered yourself to way below their standards.

In my opinion :D ......and I'd have probably done the same when i was young and immature, before I overtook a similar person/vehicle in my triumph spitfire when I was 17....they took a dislike and threw a full coke can out of their sunroof and it hit me on the shoulder!! I went straight to the police station with them following......they got in big trouble, I didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom