Red Calipers on C63.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only perf pack or edition 507 cars come with red calipers to signify the composite brakes.
Any while AMG vinyl added will be painted and aftermarket. White imo looks rubbish. Oe red / black looks much nicer

lol. This **** again.

Performance Pack 2008-2009 Pre facelift only:

457bhp engine with light manifold cover
Red Callipers (with black lettering) optional.
2 peice front discs. Ali bell bolted to steel rotor.
AMG Performance Susupension.
Carbon trim optional.
LSD as standard
7G Tronic slushbox with TC

2009/10 PPP transition model:

Very few made and rarely seen. No difference to above PP spec other than it had the 487bhp engine.
This had LSD etc as standard

2010-2014 (INCLUDING pre facelift) Performance Pack Plus:

487bhp engine with grey manifold cover and SLS bits
Red Callipers
One piece composite cast front discs. Not carbon composite but Ali-Steel
Carbon boot lip
1/2 Alcantara steering wheel
LSD was cost option as was the AMG suspension
2010-2012 had 7G-Tronic with TC. 2012 to 2014 had 7G-Tronic with clutch packs

DR520 was pre facelift model but was not AMG produced. It was a UK only special run that was simply a remapped PP with a wrap and badges.

507 edition:

Exactly the same as Perf Pack Plus but only on 2013 onward facelift.

Remapped PPP engine to 507bhp
Bonnet vents
Same one-piece composite brake package
Badges, stripes and stuff
Different wheels
LSD was optional
AMG Performance display options

Black Series secret mules:

There is a story that there were a few 2012 PPP cars that ran black series software. I think they were all red coupes and saloons. Jerry from Eurocharged could confirm or deny this as I think Eurocharged saw a PPP with BS software at a dyno session early on. This software was most likely removed with updates once the test data had been collected. It's a lesser known C63 story, maybe some of the longer serving members will have heard this?

To add,

Some here have claimed that their PPP came with the 2 piece rotors. My suggestion is that dealers may have retrofitted the earlier PP spec discs (when the OEM discs were worn out) because up until recently they were considerably cheaper than the later PPP discs. They are now both similarly priced.

lol. This **** again.

Carbon trim optional.
LSD as standard

Very few made and rarely seen. No difference to above PP spec other than it had the 487bhp engine.

Red Callipers
Carbon boot lip

DR520 was pre facelift model but was not AMG produced. It was a UK only special run that was simply a remapped PP with a wrap and badges.

507 edition:

Bonnet vents
Different wheels
LSD was optional

There is a story that there were a few 2012 PPP cars that ran black series software. I think they were all red coupes and saloons. Jerry from Eurocharged could confirm or deny this as I think Eurocharged saw a PPP with BS software at a dyno session early on. This software was most likely removed with updates once the test data had been collected. It's a lesser known C63 story, maybe some of the longer serving members will have heard this?

Didn't know about the black series software though that's a new one

Last edited:
Didn't know about the black series software though that's a new one

It's a rumour. Doubt any of it is true. Customer cars as mules? Only coupes and saloons? And only red? Even if it was true wouldn't it be logical for Mercedes AMG to test the software on all cars released between certain periods irrespective of colour? What if not enough of red was ordered? That's all too inconsistent for a brand of such calibre as MB to base their real world testing on. They could easily arm their employees with C63 cars for much better results and guaranteed outcome if they wanted. Which is probably what would happen anyway.

Last edited:
lol. This **** again.

Carbon trim optional.
LSD as standard

Red Callipers
Carbon boot lip

507 edition:

Bonnet vents
Different wheels
LSD was optional

I thought the PP had silver calipers and two piece discs? Was the carbon rear spoiler optional?

Also the transitional PPP doesn't have LSD as standard

:thumb:

I thought the PP had silver calipers and two piece discs? Was the carbon rear spoiler optional?

Also the transitional PPP doesn't have LSD as standard

:thumb:

That's kinda what makes it a transition model. Best of both worlds. A guy sent me some details of a car he wanted to buy about a year ago. This was a late pp car, but had the PPP engine. Had the grey callipers but 2 peice discs. Had the hard suspension and LSD.

I also wrote the red callipers were optional. See above.

ftb said:
It's a rumour. Doubt any of it is true. Customer cars as mules? Only coupes and saloons? And only red? Even if it was true wouldn't it be logical for Mercedes AMG to test the software on all cars released between certain periods irrespective of colour? What if not enough of red was ordered? That's all too inconsistent for a brand of such calibre as MB to base their real world testing on. They could easily arm their employees with C63 cars for much better results and guaranteed outcome if they wanted. Which is probably what would happen anyway.

Agreed sounds like Bs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom