Red Calipers on C63.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Black Scorpion

Car
AMG C63
Hi,
After looking at many cars both in the flesh and on the internet I have noticed that the Red Calipers on the C63's have both either black decals and also less so white decals.
What is the reason for the decal colours being different?

Thanks in advance,

Black Scorpion

They were both factory painted not a custom/re paint.
Seen them on both performance pack and non pp cars.

Cheers Black Scorpion.

They were both factory painted not a custom/re paint.
Seen them on both performance pack and non pp cars.

Cheers Black Scorpion.

Wasn't aware that non ppp cars came from factory with red calipers. Might be wrong tho. Mercedes did faff about with pp options then changed stuff as extra options when the ppp was released.

Well the cars that I have seen with Red Calipers some had the titanium colour on the engine while others had the silver colour?
Some had titanium air intakes? While others had silver?
Can someone confirm what combination the PPP cars have?

Thanks Black Scorpion

Dark grey intake is the better version but one person that can list all the differences is Edward on here (Ecain) I think is his username

Alcantara steering wheel
Either 2 piece or 1.5 piece discs
Older cars some had silver calipers and normal engine intake and lsd as standard
Newer ones had red calliper and the darker intake
Also a carbon boot spoiler

The titanium engine cover indicates the increased HP performance pack or 507. Both will have red calipers, and as far as I am aware, black caliper details.

I'm pretty sure red painted calipers was a cost option on standard cars (with the silver engine cover) so perhaps they are the ones with the non-black decals?

PP has the brake upgrade carbon fibre boot spoiler.
PPP has the engine upgrades and the tell is the steering wheel has suede at the side then you get 487 hp.
neither option gives you the L.S.D. on the face lift model.
I think it was included on the pre face-lift with the ppp.

LSD I know for sure was only standard on the very early models. Also the upgraded sport suspension is only available on the pp models.

Only ever seen black decals myself, unless the calipers were silver / grey.

I'd suggest the silver decals on red callipers is an aftermarket look. Could be wrong but it sounds like they are PPP wannabe editions.

White decals are usually stuck on afterwards if someone had the callipers painted. From factory they come with Black decals.

Breakdown of factory specifications as follows:

Performance Pack Plus / 507 / DR520
Titanium Grey Intake - Indicating Increased Engine Output
1.5 Piece Floating Rotor
Red Brake Calipers - Black Decals

Performance Pack Plus (Additional enhancements)
Carbon Boot Spoiler
Half Alcantara Wheel

507 (Additional enhancements)
Black Series Bonnet
Gloss Black Mirrors
Gloss Black Rear Spoiler
Full Alcantara Wheel
Full Alcantara Shifter
AMG Drivers/Race package on the command (May need to be corrected but I'm certain all 507s got this)

DR520
Full alcantara steering
Alcantara Dashboard
Alcantara Seats

The prefacelift cars which received performance pack did not come with the engine output increase. There are a few however very rare that did have the PPP internals but i maybe have only ever seen one car which genuinely has the additional BHP.

Prefacelift Performance Pack
Half Alcantara Steering
Stiffer Sports Suspension
LSD (limited slip diff)
Carbon Ceramic Brakes (The ones with the little bolts in the disc)

Red brake calipers, Carbon Pack, Race media and the LSD (Facelift) were additional optional extras available otherwise.

Last edited:
Black Scorpion said:
Hi, After looking at many cars both in the flesh and on the internet I have noticed that the Red Calipers on the C63's have both either black decals and also less so white decals. What is the reason for the decal colours being different? Thanks in advance, Black Scorpion

Red with white was never a factory option they are all 100% aftermarket.

White decals are usually stuck on afterwards if someone had the callipers painted. From factory they come with Black decals.

Breakdown of factory specifications as follows:

Performance Pack Plus / 507 / DR520
Titanium Grey Intake - Indicating Increased Engine Output
1.5 Piece Floating Rotor
Red Brake Calipers - Black Decals

Performance Pack Plus (Additional enhancements)
Carbon Boot Spoiler
Half Alcantara Wheel

507 (Additional enhancements)
Black Series Bonnet
Gloss Black Mirrors
Gloss Black Rear Spoiler
Full Alcantara Wheel
Full Alcantara Shifter
AMG Drivers/Race package on the command (May need to be corrected but I'm certain all 507s got this)

DR520
Full alcantara steering
Alcantara Dashboard
Alcantara Seats

The prefacelift cars which received performance pack did not come with the engine output increase. There are a few however very rare that did have the PPP internals but i maybe have only ever seen one car which genuinely has the additional BHP.

Prefacelift Performance Pack
Half Alcantara Steering
Stiffer Sports Suspension
LSD (limited slip diff)
Carbon Ceramic Brakes (The ones with the little bolts in the disc)

Red brake calipers, Carbon Pack, Race media and the LSD (Facelift) were additional optional extras available otherwise.

Prefacelift do not have carbon ceramic brakes
They are two piece rotors
Also not all pre facelifts have lsd

Mines a pp. your correct. Just two piece rotors up front and again your correct in saying not all pre facelifts have lsd. Took me ages to find one with lsd even though most of them that was up for sale at the time was advertised as having it.

507 didn't come with the race package integrated into the command system but it did come with the drivers package, so derestrcited to 174mph (I saw 181mph on the autobahn).

Brunty88 said:
Prefacelift do not have carbon ceramic brakes They are two piece rotors Also not all pre facelifts have lsd
No w204 c63 ever had carbon ceramic brakes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.
There have been at least 6 C63's with Red Calipers and White decals.
All these were on 2012-2013 plate cars.
Too much of a coincidence for them all to be after market paint jobs?
Mind when looking at C63's there are some strange combinations with specs/options.

Thanks

farhanali89 said:
The prefacelift cars which received performance pack did not come with the engine output increase

2009, 2010 & 2011 prefacelift cars with performance pack plus, came with the engine output increase totalling 487bhp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom