Red Clk Black Series 7.5k miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don’t understand people who own an expensive car but who choose not to keep up with the service schedule just because they’re barely using it.

I’m sure that the car would still be OK despite it’s reduced servicing compared to the schedule but it would put me off too.

I'm with BD above, if you own these cars you need to keep the servicing up regardless of annual mileage. It is also massively over priced in my opinion because of the lack of full MB history regardless of low mileage. I know of an immaculate black/black CLK63 BS that went between two guys who know what they are looking for a little while ago at c£20K under the red one.

I'm with BD above, if you own these cars you need to keep the servicing up regardless of annual mileage. It is also massively over priced in my opinion because of the lack of full MB history regardless of low mileage. I know of an immaculate black/black CLK63 BS that went between two guys who know what they are looking for a little while ago at c£20K under the red one.

Jamies car, missed out on that one, did speak to him but he had already done a deal with the chap he purchased it from.

Lovely example.

Reactions: Yex
It's a nice car, but that is an absurd amount of money.... and agree with above, when you own something like that you're kinda 'curating' it too - you have to keep it maintained as per schedule and generally 'look after it properly'.

Kph speedo on a right hand drive car? Maybe not originally a UK car? Are the 4 services strung out across the years or all more recent/all older?

Just seen there is also a black one on Auto Trader, claimed to belong originally o Simon Cowell and up at the same price, and with mph speedo

who’d have thought CLK63BS just like buses, you wait for ages for one to come along........😂

It's a nice car, but that is an absurd amount of money.... and agree with above, when you own something like that you're kinda 'curating' it too - you have to keep it maintained as per schedule and generally 'look after it properly'.
How many services does a 7,500 mile car need ?
Apart from an inspection and changing the brake fluid, surely if its been mothballed in a damp free environment it wont need annual oil change, pollen, fuel filter changes. Maybe keep the tyres rotated and pumped up, and coolant changed what else would it need ?

How many services does a 7,500 mile car need ?
Apart from an inspection and changing the brake fluid, surely if its been mothballed in a damp free environment it wont need annual oil change, pollen, fuel filter changes. Maybe keep the tyres rotated and pumped up, and coolant changed what else would it need ?
To maintain a full main dealer service history it needs an annual service irrespective of the mileage.
Harsh, but if you own a £100k car the least you can do is regularly service it.

To maintain a full main dealer service history it needs an annual service irrespective of the mileage.
Harsh, but if you own a £100k car the least you can do is regularly service it.
I understand that, but if it has done only 1250 miles a year what needs changing ? Would it be a better investment if the oil and filters were changed every year ?

I understand that, but if it has done only 1250 miles a year what needs changing ? Would it be a better investment if the oil and filters were changed every year ?

You only need to read the earlier replies to see that 4 services since 2008 constitutes an owner who isn't interested in keeping a FMDSH and has thus devalued the car and the number of potential buyers. I'll be surprised if this car makes anywhere near its screen price unless somebody badly needs a CLK BS with missing services.

My own car has done less than 4k miles since its last service, but its booked in for a B2 at the main dealers because I want to preserve a full history. Only time will tell whether I'm spending money unnecessarily.

I take your point that 1250 miles is very little, and the oil will still be fresh along with everything else but weigh that against 11 missing services and it's not so good, whatever the current mileage.

It will all become irrelevant, GDPR seems to prevent passing across details of the past, involves, etc. I’ve got an Elise with 2 fully stamped service books and a 3” folder or receipts. This forms part of its value against a similar mileage/condition car without that. But if I sell to a dealer, under GDPR he will have to gain all previous owners’ consent or bin it

now cars have fully computerised records maybe this will comply, but will only apply to more recent cars. Not a given anyway, my wife’sEvoque came with no history (and appropriately priced) but JLR have no record of it at all. Either it was never serviced within the network or the dealers stamped the book and didn’t key in? Just looking around today for the service book for my recently deceased father’s Kia - hopefully it is around to satisfy WBAC bu Kia do not hold any computerised records

is there any difference here with buying an import? Japanese cars tend to be meticulously serviced but either the history is in Japanese or missing by the time it reaches the UK. The Italians are notorious for not keeping records, doesnt seem to effect their values

looks like a fairly high end dealer selling the red CLK63BS, guess they wouldn’t have bought it in if they thought having it serviced every year regardless of how far it has (not) moved mattered. Assuming the MOTs back up the mileage, wouldn’t bother me if I was in the market for such a car

I might think a bit harder re the red C63BS that’s been on eBay since at least January as it’s come in from Qatar and has no history prior to UK - but it’s also reflected in the price

It will all become irrelevant, GDPR seems to prevent passing across details of the past, involves, etc. I’ve got an Elise with 2 fully stamped service books and a 3” folder or receipts. This forms part of its value against a similar mileage/condition car without that. But if I sell to a dealer, under GDPR he will have to gain all previous owners’ consent or bin it

now cars have fully computerised records maybe this will comply, but will only apply to more recent cars. Not a given anyway, my wife’sEvoque came with no history (and appropriately priced) but JLR have no record of it at all. Either it was never serviced within the network or the dealers stamped the book and didn’t key in? Just looking around today for the service book for my recently deceased father’s Kia - hopefully it is around to satisfy WBAC bu Kia do not hold any computerised records

is there any difference here with buying an import? Japanese cars tend to be meticulously serviced but either the history is in Japanese or missing by the time it reaches the UK. The Italians are notorious for not keeping records, doesnt seem to effect their values

looks like a fairly high end dealer selling the red CLK63BS, guess they wouldn’t have bought it in if they thought having it serviced every year regardless of how far it has (not) moved mattered. Assuming the MOTs back up the mileage, wouldn’t bother me if I was in the market for such a car

I might think a bit harder re the red C63BS that’s been on eBay since at least January as it’s come in from Qatar and has no history prior to UK - but it’s also reflected in the price

I agree, I own a 2000 model Yamaha R1, I have owned it since 2007 and it only has 2 services in the book, I have serviced it myself since owning it ( with all receipts ) and it still looks and performs as new with just 14,000 miles on the clock. The value of this bike as now increasing every year.

I used to own a brand new motorhome, that had to be regularly serviced to manufactures recommended intervals, chucking away 3000 mile expensive synthetic oil and filters, even a pollen filter to keep up warranty, I lost money on that.
If you want an enthusiasts car then you would probably know a lot about it, the service history may make it open to more buyers but doubtful would undervalue it at the age of this car.
The chap down the road had a company jag serviced by the book, he would thrash it past my house every morning from cold and washed by the local eastern european £6 car wash. Would that be a better buy with full history ?

Just think what else you could buy for that money. Apart from the rarity, they are good, but not £99k good imho

I was in the business in London for a while but hadn’t heard of these guys before. Their “about us” on their website says “We have long been established ...”, but according to Company’s House only since 2018. Looks can be deceiving.

Just think what else you could buy for that money. Apart from the rarity, they are good, but not £99k good imho
To be fair, that comment applies on every car you think about buying regardless of whether the price point is sub £1000, more than a £million and everywhere in between. And becomes more vague the more money you have and the more cars in your personal fleet. Personally I’d put a C63BS ahead of its CLK equivalent and maybe an AMG GTS before either of them, but purchasing any of those would need a more sensible alternative in the drive

Epic!

Here you are buddy, I know you will like this short clip. Went exclusively to see this in person 😁

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom