Red Cross !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
So its Friday 6am in the morning, I'm on the M56 heading across to the M6, over taking the odd car, then the overheads show incident ahead and warn of lane closure so slow down as I'm passing a car in lane 1 as the red cross is showing in lane 3, I remember my highway code, do not pass a red cross as that means that lane is closed (usually for a good reason)
As I'm looking to move back into lane 1, a young lady (I used several different expressions later) in a golf comes level with me in lane 3 at the second red cross showing overhead, as I'm thinking what are you doing?... I spot the donorcycle ahead lying in the middle of lane 3 .....ummm this isn't going to end well, I hit the brakes hard as she spots the motorcycle and decides to brake and change lanes.... I'm not sure if were talking inches or millimetres as my heart was in my mouth... lucky for me the car in lane 1 had also slowed and I was able to take avoiding action.:eek:

What goes thro some peoples heads.....passing 2 red crosses at around 70 and then taking avoiding action that almost causes a second accident :fail

I was tempted to give chase, but then thought don't bother two wrongs don't make a right, a few deep breaths and carry on. In hindsight I should have just followed got her Reg and reported her to the Police.

Thankfully the rider was on the hard shoulder with a couple of cars that had pulled over..... at least I think it was the rider, I was a little busy at the time!

I hit the brakes hard as she spots the motorcycle and decides to brake and change lanes....

Why????

If you had just kept going surely she would have just braked and tucked in behind you.

When we were coming home last Sunday there was a steady stream of people pulling out into the closed lane and accelerating past the congested traffic before cutting back in again at the last minute (in this case it was a RR Evoque sitting in the outside lane with rear damage). Would be nice if the gantry cameras could capture this behaviour.

My bad description, Its a case of you had to be there to appreciate..... she was just moving past me when she saw the bike, luckily I guessed what would happen next :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom