Red distance Warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi Guys,

I have driven 3 other Mercedes cars recently, CLA, B series and an A series and all of them had the red distance warning appear when to close to the car in front.
On my C63 I can see the warning but it has never come on.
Is it not availalbe on the C63?
Its in the owners manual but doesnt mention its not available to the AMG.

Does the on board computer take into account the better brakes on the C63

I dont know and hard to test. But on the other cars its come on when getting close to others cars and sometimes because it thinks I havent noticed cars stopping in front.
On my C63 its never come on ever so not sure if its ever worked or if it should work.

I've got it on my E63 and it even brake if it thinks your going to have a collision.

Maybe it's standard fit in the speedo but not standard on every car an maybe an option?

Yeah I woundered that too but never seen th option anywhere and the A series I have now as a curtecy car doesnt even have front or rear parking sensors but this works.

Would this be a function of cars fitted with Distronic?

Hi,

Is that the auto cruise control that sets the distance to the car in front etc?
I dont think this A Class has it but how would I tell?

Hi,

Just checked, nope, the A Class hasnt got Distronic fitted. The description on the C Class is exactly the same as the A Class and the A Class is working. I guess its either not avaiable on AMG or its not working?

Hi,

Just checked, nope, the A Class hasnt got Distronic fitted. The description on the C Class is exactly the same as the A Class and the A Class is working. I guess its either not avaiable on AMG or its not working?

It does exist on some of the AMG range and both of the A45's I test drove had the option. Having just had a new A180 for a day I notice no parking sensors back or front as you say BUT it had the reversing camera option and the collision warning but no Distronic

I have it on my C63 and I think it was part of the drivers package (distronic plus, blind spot assist etc). I think it then became standard on A classes and the like.

I have it on my SLK...part of the drivers package

It is called Collision Prevention Assist (Plus on some vehicles).
I have it on my W166, it was standard option on the W166 MY13 cars post March I think.

Varies on other models.

Option code 252 - Collision Warner (FCW) on my car.

Mercedes-Benz Intelligent Drive ? On the way to accident-free driving.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom