Redex vs V-Power ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltan

Car
E320 CDI Estate
R2D2's thread has got me thinking about cutting the cost of my fuel.
I've always used v-power diesel since I got my car, on the few occasions I've used normal fuel I've noticed increased smoke but no other side effect.

So my question is this...is putting in a fuel additive like Redex (open to any other suggestions) the same as using V-power diesel? If so wouldn't it be cheaper to use Redex than continue with V-Power if the result is the same?

I look forward to your comments ....:thumb:

There is equivalent to the octane 'boost' you get with V-Power unleaded, so it's mainly an additive package that you get with V-Power diesel.

V-Power diesel is GTL (Gas to Liquid) though, which is much cleaner in terms of exhaust nasties than regular diesel, so if you want to be green - or if your car is iffy in terms of emissions - that might be a vote in V-Power's favour.

If you buy Millers additive in 5L cans then the trade price is £50, which with correct use costs £0.01 per litre. Much cheaper than the V-power. But which is better, I can't say.

If you buy Millers additive in 5L cans then the trade price is £50, which with correct use costs £0.01 per litre. Much cheaper than the V-power. But which is better, I can't say.

Good to know.....:rock:

I've used Millers on my diesel cars for a long time. I believe (!) it's making a difference, but have not done any form of scientific study to check..

Why do you use V Power Diesel? I use Shell ordinary diesel most of the time - unless I have a 5p/l Tesco voucher, in which case I use Tesco ordinary. Car runs fine on either!

Conversly, my 968 is definately happier on V power or Excellium (Tesco premium) unleaded - but I do so little mileage in the 968 that the extra fuel cost is almost un-noticable!

Why do you use V Power Diesel? I use Shell ordinary diesel most of the time - unless I have a 5p/l Tesco voucher, in which case I use Tesco ordinary. Car runs fine on either!

Conversly, my 968 is definately happier on V power or Excellium (Tesco premium) unleaded - but I do so little mileage in the 968 that the extra fuel cost is almost un-noticable!

Started using it soon after I got the car, mainly to see what the benefits were. Kept on using it because it reduced the amount of smoke comming out the back under hard acceleration. I guess it's become habit now, but too expensive a habit, hence the question around is it worth it....

I used to fill up on v-power religiously but high costs stopped me now.
This thread is making me want to try millers but where could I get it for £50? Places are showing circa £69 unless you haven't included the dreaded vat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom