Redex?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Any point of running redex in my Clk320?

I only fill up with Shell V Power or Tesco Momentum..

Cheers

i have 8 mini redex in my boot (on a sale) and i don't even use it i couldn't tell any difference after 2 bottles. prob does more harm than good.

I use this stuff after every fill up, I only run my e55k on Shell, Whether it does any good?? i dont know but the car doesn't miss abeat and all my cars achieve great Mpg for what they are.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lucas+fuel+treatment&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-k9WdjfrTAhWIKMAKHW3bAIAQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=d2YsnJESyPUDHM:

If you don't mind fumbling with bottles at the pump and working out ratios etc (I did that with Redex for years...) then you can save some money and add your own fuel additives to standard petrol.

But using premium fuels is an easier way of achieving the same goal.

Incidentally, historically MB did not permit use of fuel additives added to the fuel tank by the driver (unless specific permission was granted by an authorised workshop). Fuel additives are only approved for use on MB cars is added to the fuel by the fuel provider.

As above...

Redex is great stuff, but totally redundant is using premium fuels.

I used Redex on my cars for a period of 10 years, and I would swear by it - it kept the injectors and intake manifold squeaky clean. The point is that you need to use it regularly over a period of time to see any benefits. Same as with premium fuels.

Cheers guys.

As I only ever use Premium fuel (works our same cost when Shell & Clubcard points taken in account) won't bother with any extra additives

Thanks lads

Merc85 i do just the same as you . Use it on every fill up .Have done for to many years to say .I remember a friend that had problems with his engine Morris 1800 .He put this redx in every hole on the top part of the engine ,But it never solved the problem of it missing .In the end he pulled the head off ..The internal part of pistons and valves, the whole head was like brand new. And the problem was the head gaket had blown through the midle at two pistons So i used it after seeing how clean the redx had made it . But for new cars the petrol to day is a lot better than the old days of lead petrols .And aditives are in the fuels to day to stop carbon build up . But i still use it .

If you're using premium fuels, don't bother with off-the-shelf fuel additives.

I've been using Shell VPower in my 89 sec for the past year. Nothing has made as much difference as using this stuff - http://www.archoil.com/ar6000-fuel-treatments/

Not even changing injectors made as much difference so I think it's done a good job and has made the engine smoother at idle and when accelerating. Don't care about fuel consumption as only some 2-3k a year. Unsure if it's cleaned the injection system or just made the fuel more combustible- either way, I'll continue using it. Worked in my Lexus ls400 too.

Forgot to mention, it protects against ethanol too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom