Reduce engine oil level ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
Driving my wife's 2011 A180cdi yesterday and the message "Reduce oil level" comes on. We were a bit late for a function and I'd been driving at about 75 mph + for about 20 miles when it came on . It happened about 3 years ago as well and the mobile MB mobilo tech advised changing the oil completely because h8e believed that excess diesel from doing short trips was getting into the oil.
Any thoughts on this and what's the probable cause ??

Hi
My 2005 cdi w203 did this about a month ago,I went to my local indi and they changed the oil but left it about a half litre below the max and said that this is the correct amount to have,The reason I had this happen was short runs around town as the regeneration was not happening and diesel was getting into the sump.He said make sure I get onto the motorway about every week and go about 6 miles to cause regeneration.
So far this has worked and no problems and I checked the oil with a service dipstick and everything is ok.

Pick up a syringe and small bore tube ,then suck it up from the dip sick hole mind you dont put dirt in the dip stick tube doing this . .Do it a little at a time and try it after you remove the first half a cup full .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom