Reduced G Wagen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow. That is c-l-e-a-n!

^^Whilst I realise that they are all fairly meaningless, some of their estimates seem somewhat optimistic to say the least.

Do they really think that someone will pay £2500 (possibly totalling over £3000 including commission and VAT) for a '94 XJ40 or £12000 (totalling nearly £15000) for an '88 Range Rover ?

Both could easily be found far more cheaply elsewhere and you would have the opportunity to look at the car properly and test drive it.

Last edited:
M110.994 engine in this vehicle was specifically produced for the G-Class Geländewagen. It has a low compression ratio and uses K-Jetronic injection.
Power output 1984 on : 150 hp (110 kW) at 5250rpm Torque: 226 Nm at 4250rpm. ---in comparison to the saloon/Sportscar car version of the M110 engine 185 hp at 5800rpm Torque 240 Nm at 4500rpm [23% MORE POWER]

This was an engine that was phased out in MERCEDES cars in 1986 in favour of the M103 !:eek:

Pre facelift it may not EVEN have ABS brakes !
Truly a museum piece and a thirsty one at that!

Last edited:
While I would give my left testicle for a G, these early ones are a dog to drive. Nice car if you specifically wanted a clean early one to look at

While I would give my left testicle for a G, these early ones are a dog to drive. Nice car if you specifically wanted a clean early one to look at

Have to disagree. I think driving ours is a hoot. Swmbo loves it too.
OK not for a motorway commute (although with foot to floor I have never seem lane 3 clear so fast! ).
You feel vaguely heroic when pressing on.
Probably not an only car though I grant you.

I've just given myself a Hernia, so I've a third one you can have if you find your 'G'.

Cheers,

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom