Reduced Service and Maintenance costs with the Platinum Club.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129mine

Car
R129 SL500 from 96
hi

my car is due for a MOT and a service at the end of this month and just now i received an email from MB about the platinum club and it says

cars7plus.gif

40% towards maintenance costs.
Complimentary MOT Test with every service.
Complimentary health/safety check.

price-table149.gif

apart from the marketing talk (platinum, gold, president whatever) what is the difference between me booking my car in for a service or this platinum club, there doesn't seem to be any joining option or cost.

Last edited:
Which dealer/s are this with?

I know that Tony Purslow used to have something called Platinum Plus which is the same kind of thing. No need to join, vehicles over 3 & then 4 years old get discounted parts and labour.

The prices shown even for the B Services look promising - depends on what else they think needs doing at the time ;)

They're the same sort of prices that my local dealer, MB Chester, advertises in the local press for any age car. As they're part of the Inchcape group then their prices may be available at any Inchcape dealer.

They also offer 40% off labour rates on cars 3yrs+ old. While I don't think they specifically offer free MOTs, I'm always terribly suspicious of free MOT's - a very handy way of getting people in and "finding" things that need doing.

MB Eastbourne are offering free 45 point safety check/inspection for any car on saturday mornings. Turn up, have a coffee and a snack (don't express full breakfast though) and get your car washed and dried all for free

I'm not sure what they are offering in the way of servicing prices - I'll ask them at the weekend :)

Makes me "Mad"

"40% towards maintenance costs.
Complimentary MOT Test with every service.
Complimentary health/safety check."

So what they are saying is because we are mug enough to spend more on a newer car, then tough titty we can pay full price for servicing - but wait a minute aren't they already charging a fair price for these newer vehicles?

So how are they able to slash costs for older cars, must be using inferior parts or maybe untrained technicians?....... I don't suppose they are making a loss!

I understand - profiteering on the shiny models, sheeshh. THANKS A LOT.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I think they are trying to get the cars back in their workshops that would normally stop using the dealer network.

They can charge new owners what they like because not many people buy a car these days without keeping one eye on what it will be worth when they trade it in.

They've appealed to people's greed by making the full service history almost mandatory if you want to sell your three or four year old car so now they can charge what they like

In the real world, full service history only really counts the first time a car changes hands and or where it can be verified by a dealer.

After that there will be a lot of other paperwork where local garages have done minor work and where people have done their own maintainance and you can never be sure whether or not some unscrupulous sellers have bought themselves a stamp or service book of eBay

The dealers want these people to bring their cars back in so they can get a few quid off them that they currently spend elsewhere

hi

my car is due for a MOT and a service at the end of this month and just now i received an email from MB about the platinum club and it says

have you got a link to the original offer?

I can't find anywhere with a price list

It would be nice to have a bit of "bargaining power" with Eastbourne

Cheers

Andy

My dealer, Lancaster Group in the South East, offers the a similar service under the same name but cheaper. Just booked in for a B service at £275 inc, only extras to come up were fuel and oil filters at £200 inc for both. Seems like a good deal to me. Obviously MB are losing older cars to the independents and this is their way of winning them back.

Lancaster Group Mercedes Benz http://www.lancasterplc.co.uk/Mercedes/

£150 inc Vat for an A service

£275 inc VAT for a B service

Above is for cars 6 years and over.

My main dealer Mercedes Benz Bromley was willing to match those prices.

MB Eastbourne are offering free 45 point safety check/inspection for any car on saturday mornings. Turn up, have a coffee and a snack (don't express full breakfast though) and get your car washed and dried all for free

Yup other dealerships too ... in fact that was the basis of a GTG at M-B Romford last year.

Yup other dealerships too ... in fact that was the basis of a GTG at M-B Romford last year.

I'll be down there this Saturday (if anyone else fancies joining in), we may even take both cars along :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom