ref water

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chubbs111

Car
clk270cdi
on my w202 when i open the n/s rear door (which is rare) water runs from the bottom of the door is there a drain hole somewere

There normally are drain holes on the underside of the doors if water is coming out then they must be clear and not blocked..George..

on my w202 when i open the n/s rear door (which is rare) water runs from the bottom of the door is there a drain hole somewere

I have this problem too, as described, and also on the passenger front door, I cleared the drain hole but the problem remained.
If you think about the drain holes being blocked, as the cause of the problem, if the are blocked, then why would the suddenly unblock when you open the door.

If you open the rear passenger side door and run your fingers along the rubber seal, along the bottom right corner, you will feel a kink in the rubber seal, I believe that the water crosses over at this corner from the outside to the inside of the door seal, and so, when you open the door the water is released, just as you describe.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom