refit to aftermarket headunit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noobdelux

greetings all.. i have been trying to find out what i need(and where i can get it) to install an 2 din player(thinking abaout the new one from Alpine)

the goal here is to be able to compete in emma. (sq)

i have an 05-06 w211 (e200) saloon.

if you have done this yourself or know annyne who have done this please shout out.

Theres a couple of threads on here where myself and a few other people have fitted aftermarket units.

I fitted a double din to mine (albeit a c-class but still similar wiring etc) and another guy omega1 i think it was fitted a single din to his c class.

Have a search using the link at the top of the forum and see what you can find.

Certainly in terms of fitting the new unit it wont be much of an issue you may need a wiring harness adapter and a fascia plate so that it looks flush with the dashboard but fitting the cage into the hole in the dash and sliding the headunit in is all that is really needed.

Do you have bose system in your motor? If so fitting the new unit will throw up all kinds of problems as the speakers are all connected by fibre optics and go through an amp in the boot or thereabouts so it is unlikely that you will be able to just plug and play. This would need a complete rewiring of the speaker system.

If you dont have bose then bonus it should just be a case of hooking up the wiring harness etc and let the tunes pump out!

Let us know how you get on. Maybe post a couple of pics of it fitted when you finish?

GReat! thanks guys. what im doing now is pure research, wont have the car untill next year. atm its an taxi in trondheim,norway. sadly i do have the bose system (i think) lol, but let me shoot some photos of it and upload here

Thanks!

You should be able to tell if it has bose or not by possible logos on the speaker grills

hmm well i havent looked "that" good after it but from what i can "remember" : P i cant remember seeing anny logos on the speaker grills..

ps im kinda annoyed that i cant edit my post and cant remember whats behind thos *`s.. btw it aint no swearwords : P

noone here can help me at all?
and cplnoonoo did you ever take anny pictures on how you installed this?
you did get some ansvers but not the kind i needed.. also iv searched most of the mb forums on "aftermarket", "headunit" and "upgrade.. and couldent find annything..
allthough i do not know what other cars do have similar wiring and build techniq? (not s.hure of the right word there)

it seems i now know what kinda parts i need but got no clue on how to take things apart..

somone?!

edit: mods for some reason i cant write s.hure = *****

Last edited:
Maybe try spelling it 'sure' ...

Guide on how to take apart the dash and remove the audio 20 on the site you already posted links to in post #7 mercupgrades.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom