Reflection Shots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is the nextdoor neighbour's Ka-tastrophe. I attacked it with my DAS6 Pro+ D.A using Nanotech SST boat polish on a white Hexlogic Quantum pad. Since lighter coloured cars reflect better with sealants rather than with a traditional carnauba wax, I topped it off with some Soft 99 Fusso Coat in this case. I've also found silvers can be made to really pop with the acrylic-based "Carlack Twins". Finish Kare FK1000P is another reflection monster with the added benefit of doubling as a wheel wax because of its high temperature handling abilities.

I recently did mine with poorboys white diamond, and a coat of Sonax BSD, and topped it off with simoniz finishing wax.
Not the easiest wax to apply, actually it was hard work by hand but gave a good result in the end.
It's got a wet look to it now

And I get quite a nice tight bead with it, this is early morning after a heavy dew

A mate of mine has gave me some killerwax, says it's easy to apply and also buffs to a good shine with very little effort.
Will give this a go and hope it's a lot less polishing than the other stuff:D
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

Nice backdrop!

nf2yrq.jpg

Red Ken is wearing Blackfire's "Wet Ice Over Fire" combination which is:

• Two coats of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Paint Protection
  • Two coats of Blackfire Midnight Sun ivory carnauba wax

and here's the GLC in the flesh wearing Blackfire's "Wet Ice Over Fire" kit consisting of their Wet Diamond paint sealant and Midnight Sun carnauba wax combination.

Holey Moley incredible shine, gloss and reflection.

Was that done with hand polishing or machine?

2007 C320 CDi Sport
5ys0oo.jpg

@uumode - The gloss achieved by the Blackfire kit on Red Ken is down to me first attacking him with a DAS6 Pro+ Dual Action Polisher. I would estimate the polisher was probably in contact with the bodywork for in excess of 12 hours in total. In attempt to flatten the orange peel which comes free with all new cars these days I used Scholl Concepts S3 Gold XXL polish and a Scholl Concepts white Spiderpad for the first stage. The second stage was done with Scholl Concepts S40 polish and a Chemical Guys Hexlogic Quantum black finishing pad. Finally, just to feed my OCD and guild the lily, I did a jewelling polish using Nanotech SST Super Gloss Black boat polish and a Chemical Guys Hexlogic Quantum white finishing pad. The finish can only ever be as good as the preparation and time invested.

@uumode - The gloss achieved by the Blackfire kit on Red Ken is down to me first attacking him with a DAS6 Pro+ Dual Action Polisher. I would estimate the polisher was probably in contact with the bodywork for in excess of 12 hours in total. In attempt to flatten the orange peel which comes free with all new cars these days I used Scholl Concepts S3 Gold XXL polish and a Scholl Concepts white Spiderpad for the first stage. The second stage was done with Scholl Concepts S40 polish and a Chemical Guys Hexlogic Quantum black finishing pad. Finally, just to feed my OCD and guild the lily, I did a jewelling polish using Nanotech SST Super Gloss Black boat polish and a Chemical Guys Hexlogic Quantum white finishing pad. The finish can only ever be as good as the preparation and time invested.

Just amazing.

Haven't got any close ups but any chance to bang some tire shine on and get her picture ready I'm always game.

ForumRunner_20170716_224936.jpg

afbb9cdbabc3e5875f6379d26e8801da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BD6CA934-02A3-4DCE-AF10-616B32903514.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom