Refurbing Sador alloy wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnilS

Guys, just wanted to share my experiences with City Powder Coaters in Birmingham.

I have used them many times and always done a decent job, albeit recently, they tend to lose site of quality control. There is the odd imperfection (trapped contaminants under the finish but they still do a better job than anyone else for the money). Take a look at their 4 day turnaround on my SL320 alloys (now provisionally sold).

When I got my Merc, all bar one alloy had been painted silver (originally Diamond cut) and had all started corroding;

DSCN2319.jpg

DSCN2323.jpg

I decided to get it as close to the original Diamond cut effect as possible, without the headache of and expense of DC and laquer failure in the future. NOTE that refurbers will not guarantee a DC finish for more than 3-6 months. So I opted for a new finish they are trying called Silver Chrome.

This picture shows you the only original alloy that wasn't painted silver, so still in DC form a couple of months ago;

DSCN2733.jpg

Now they look like this with both the insides/outsides done for £25/wheel.

IMGP3398.jpg

IMGP3395.jpg

IMGP3399.jpg

IMGP3402.jpg

IMGP3403.jpg

So for a £100 all in (chemical dip, shotblast, kerb rash repairs, powder coat and laquer) I can't grumble.

If anyone fancies a refurb, tell them Anil sent you! (I have no afflication with them).

Hope that helps.
wink.png

Last edited:
That`s by far the cheapest price I`ve heard and the finish looks spot on

I wish I'd seen this last week - took mine to be refurbed to Wheel Clinic in Northampton last Thursday, but at this price and results would've gladly drove to Birmingham ... Oh well, mine will be ready tomorrow, at least that's what they said today

That's a fantastic price! What size are those alloys 17" or 18"?

Very nice and excellent value. I love my Sador wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom