Reg plate loop hole

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:bannana: Chutzpah

will not work mate .especially as the christmas season is drawing near and the cash machines need to generate faster

Since 1 September 2001 all new number plates must display the new mandatory font. Combinedwith the new format registration mark, number plates have become clearer and easier
MANDATORY CHARACTER FONT

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/displayofnumberplates.pdf

you can only use the mandatory character fonts and nothing else. any upside down character will not be in th fonts

will not work mate .especially as the christmas season is drawing near and the cash machines need to generate faster

Since 1 September 2001 all new number plates must display the new mandatory font. Combinedwith the new format registration mark, number plates have become clearer and easier MANDATORY CHARACTER FONT

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/displayofnumberplates.pdf

you can only use the mandatory character fonts and nothing else. any upside down character will not be in th fonts

But it doesn't say that you cannot make a legitimate plate with the correct font and then hang it upside down. it only says the plate must be easily read. Depending on the reg, it may be easily read if upside down.

Russ

if it is upside down. the font will not be on the list except maybe 1 and X and O so will not work.
only those on the list are right, so hanging it upside down will not work.
the copper will read it as he sees it, upside down and say the letters you have got are not on the list of fonts.
he will not try to read it the right way around.
so except your reg is XXX111 to become 111XXX then you are displaying false plates which is even a bigger crime.

Last edited:
what if your reg is 111 or 000

well that is defeating the purpose as you will still have the same plates so the cash machine will catch you out.
so why hang them upside down?

well that is defeating the purpose as you will still have the same plates so the cash machine will catch you out.
so why hang them upside down?

exactly, i was trying to say that those are the only plates that would be legal upside down!

I disagree - no matter how its displayed the font hasnt been changed... a font is a font no matter if it is upside down. Where you will get done is the easy to read part so the whole debate is academic....you will get a fine :crazy:

I disagree - no matter how its displayed the font hasnt been changed... a font is a font no matter if it is upside down. Where you will get done is the easy to read part so the whole debate is academic....you will get a fine :crazy:

Correct.

Russ

do you?

Ч is not equal to h

when your council writes your street signs upside down please do not complain.
I am sure there are better ways of avoiding cameras than this lame east european way.

Last edited:
WShere's Sp!ke :devil: :devil: :)

John

Nothing like a good number plate related thread to get people wound up! I am thinking of fitting mine back to front................................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom