Reg - private plate transfer process?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
So I received my email saying my new plate certificate is winging its way over in the post. What next? What do I do about insurance and road tax etc?

When you get it it will be on retention I guess Transfer paid (straight from DVLA)

Take this form V5 / MOT / Tax to local tax office and theres another form I think you have to fill in once there (or log onto the DVLA and check)

Then the DVLA will sort the rest, you get a new V5 sent in post. The tax disc and MOT last time I did it was changed and given me straight away.

Once you have the V5 back tell your insurance, plates on, tax in enjoy.

There maybe something I've forgot, its been over a year now since I have done it (long time for me) although I have another retention reminder the other day.

It use to be done all straight in one go, but that doesn't happen now, its quite quick though.

Gucci

DVLA Have offices in Wimbledon ,Alexander Road.

You can get get every thing done there, make sure you have all you docs etc.
:)
They will even give you a new tax disc with the new reg no on it, and they are very helpfull and polite:)

If its done all togther thats great,

The muppets at Chester DVLA use to do this but not anymore. The printed tax disc is quite neat though and clever how they print a new MOT :)

If you have bought a plate on retention they will do the transfer over the counter in minutes... The only time you have to leave the paperwork with them is if you are doing a car to car transfer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom