Regarding wheel alignment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AshMB

Car
A200D AMG Line 2017.
Hey guys, I've recently had my a200d 2017 model wheels aligned. However when I go above 70MPH there is quite a "wobble", feels like both front tyres go opposite sides lol? Can't really explain it. But I've taken it back to formula1 and they said it's perfect so I'm not sure what to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Go back to FI and take him up the motorway at 70+ see if he agrees its still ok.
Better still take someone who knows what he's talking about!

In essence wheel 'wobble' can be caused by various things, including defective wheels or tyres, unbalanced wheels, defective suspension components, etc.

Did the 'wobble' start after the wheel alignment, or have you noticed it before?

Did the techs at Formula 1 (which I presume is where you had the wheel alignment carried-out) actually drive the car and experienced the 'wobble'?

In essence wheel 'wobble' can be caused by various things, including defective wheels or tyres, unbalanced wheels, defective suspension components, etc.

Did the 'wobble' start after the wheel alignment, or have you noticed it before?

Did the techs at Formula 1 (which I presume is where you had the wheel alignment carried-out) actually drive the car and experienced the 'wobble'?

EDIT: just saw Peter103's post :thumb:

Wheel alignment cannot cause wobble, has to be something else

Go back to FI and take him up the motorway at 70+ see if he agrees its still ok.
Better still take someone who knows what he's talking about!
Good idea! I'll give them a call tomorrow. I'm not sure they'd be up for that with all the covid stuff, but worth an ask!

Well the thing is, is that my partner who drives this a class of ours crashed down a pot hole and destroyed the wheel tyre, so after getting AA out to come and replace the tyre etc.. the steering wheel was all wonky and you basically had to put the wheel to the left to go straight lol. Anyway, after the F1 guys saw it the first time that did go away but now there is a wobble so I guess it could be some other damage and not wheel alignment? When the AA looked he said there is no other damage but who knows!

I presume they test drove it, but I'll ask them again to drive it at 70+ and see if they can replicate it. Cheers!

Wheel alignment cannot cause wobble, has to be something else
What else could it be? Bare in mind the vehicle did become disabled after hitting a very nasty pothole. 👍

Could be wheel balance out, a buckled wheel, deformed tyre, a bush or possibly a wheel bearing

Could be wheel balance out, a buckled wheel, deformed tyre, a bush or possibly a wheel bearing
I called up my other garage that I always go to and he said it sounds like wheel balancing, so he's going to look at it today, cheers for everything guys! 🙌🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom