Registration Plates help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AGOG

Car
S204 C200cdi AMG Edition 125
Hi there, I'm going through the re-registration process here in France and will in due course need to remove my UK plates and fit French ones.
The front seems straight forward enough but the rear has a N° plate holder/surround fixed to the car, which would appear to be the wrong size for std French plates.
I wondered how to remove the rear plate and it's holder from my W204 Estate.
Can anyone help and shed any light on how it's done?
Merci buckets!

It depends on what type of holder it is but they are usually clip fitted surround front face that clips to teh back.

Some have a key type thing to push the tabs away to release it.

If your having to get rid of it anyway due to the different size then I wouldn't worry too much about damaging it, I would expect a small screw driver, or a bit of finger pressure around the edge of the holder should allow you to prize the top off (it may be hinged at the top- some are and some just clip on all the way round.

Once the front is prized off- plastic clips I would expect. then the number plate should just lift out. That will leave a back plate which will have loads of holes and slots in it, and that will be screwed to the vehicle, probably with 4 screws, which you should be able to do and hey presto, it should all be off.

Good luck.

MOZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom