Reinstalling ISO fittings for stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gramey

Car
2003 R230 SL350 Tellurium silver
I've bought a 2nd hand Mercedes Audio 10 CD/radio to fit in my R129 as I wanted something more in keeping with the car than the awful Halfords only brand thing that's in there at the moment. I'm assuming, perhaps wrongly until I get it out, that the standard Mercedes ISO fittings will have been chopped off to fit the Halfords unit. The question is does anyone know if there is an easily replaceable short loom for the stereo or will I need to try and find a 2nd hand one and cobble something together?

:)

Isn't it more likely that an adaptor cable was used?

No idea to be honest, I haven't had a stereo out of a car in years but the one in there looks so awful I can't look at it much longer. Sadly I have another 5 days at work before I get a day off so I don't want to pull the current one out until I have time to sort it out properly. :)

Maplins sell various ISO connectors with trailing wires which can be soldered in - I have the same problem as you with my A124, and while I too have yet to tackle the replacement, recall these being mentioned elsewhere.

Autoleads PC2-36-0, about £4 from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom