rejecting a car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pokageek

Car
2016 C63 Coupe
Hi all

i have rejected my new car due to the oil burning smell but the dealer says i have to take back my part ex car. This is despite the finance being settled by them. This would mean i have to refinance the car when i had a o% deal and was over halfway through it. This seems ridiculous! has anyone experienced this issue? im uk based btw

Was the car you rejected a diesel? If so, was the oil burning smell the DPF regenerating, perhaps? If so, this is normal.

I find it odd, because in most cases the dealer will no longer have the PXed car (unless it's a particularly nice example and they decided to keep it on the forecourt instead of shipping it to the auction house), so what then?

hi , yes that have it for sale on their forecourt at 27995 vs the 23500 they paid me for it! i cant understand why they dont want to keep it, its perfect

This sounds like you need advice from a solicitor as there would no doubt be lots of small print involved along with varying degrees of opinions.

If rejecting this car are you replacing it with another of the same? If so I would have thought the dealership would want to help you through this.

Robin

This sounds like you need advice from a solicitor as there would no doubt be lots of small print involved along with varying degrees of opinions.
^ This.

No point in relying upon advice from "some bloke on t'internet", I'm afraid.

Sounds like they are trying to put you off going ahead with the rejection. Most dealers are jumping up and down for good used stock.

hi , yes that have it for sale on their forecourt at 27995 vs the 23500 they paid me for it!..

This sounds fair, BTW, given that they have to prepare it, sell it, then provide warranty for it, and ultimately show some profit so they don't go out of business. I can only guess that they happen to have an oversupply of this particular model?

Could you “reverse” the deal with the finance co and get it reinstated?

Was is burning more than the 'recommended' amount set down by AMG ? If so it must have been drinking the stuff.

About 1 Litre per 800/1000 miles is on the upper range but still within 'spec' ...allegedly. :rolleyes:

What car did you trade in? - Rejecting a new car is a big headache for them especially after it has been registered, so not surprised they are trying to put you off.

Have they had it back in and up on the ramps for an under-trays off inspection? Does sound like it could just be a bit of stray fluid coming into contact with engine casing / exhaust, easily fixed with a steam power blast!

Agree with the solicitors comment if you absolutely must reject it.

Could just be a leaky cam cover there prone to it ( depending on year ofcourse)
Hope you sort it

so ive decided to give it back and go for a c300 cab they have. I'll stick with that until i can find a c63 that is A1 perfect as they have already checked the smell issue and found nothing, not even a weep.

lets hope we have a decent summer!

We are intrigued to find out which c63 was it 🤔

Never imo settle for 2nd best or the easy way for them

The car is perfect in every other way so decided to keep and they have agreed to get a master tech to investigate. As a lot have said, its probably a bit of oil on the manifold or similar. its only done 13.6k and i got a great deal so just gonna enjoy the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom