Relatively new Bosch dishwasher packs up. Quality a thing of the past?

• Thread starter Deleted member 126251
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Buy a beko, cheap brand so when it does go wrong you bin it and they outlast all the major brands

We did that with our washing machine - 5 years and counting despite pretty heavy use with 5 of us plus 8 dogs (bedding, coats, towels, etc). Cost me the princely sum of £11.94 from Argos after redeeming reward points from my credit card :)

Long story short the water does not run immediately (as wife had (adamantly) stated it did) as the machine goes through a cycle first......

That caused me some angst when I changed ours a couple of years ago - the guys who delivered it told me twice to make sure I put water in first, and I did that. On starting it just sat there for what seemed like ages, so I was checking everything - then it burst into life. It still seems quite random - sometimes it makes a noise as soon as the door is shut, sometimes it seems like minutes before anything happens.

We did that with our washing machine - 5 years and counting despite pretty heavy use with 5 of us plus 8 dogs (bedding, coats, towels, etc). Cost me the princely sum of £11.94 from Argos after redeeming reward points from my credit card :)
We do this with Logik washing machines. £180 from Curry’s. Job done.

Dishwasher being used once a week........wouldn't bother replacing it! When we had a new kitchen installed a couple of years ago, we didn't have one installed, for the use age it was going to get (only 3 of us in the house), it was quicker, cleaner and more efficient to be old fashioned and wash by hand!

Never understood the whole, put dirty dishes (albeit pre rinsed) into a dishwasher and wait several days until it is full to actually use it! In a busy household where it is used on a daily basis I could 'possibly' see the point, but I can honestly say I have never had a point in my life where I thought, I wish I had a dishwasher right now ;)
My mom now lives alone and subsequently uses her dishwasher as a cupboard for tinned and dry goods as she simply does not use it anymore. I asked her if she wanted me to remove it and put a cupboard in it's place.

She gave me a real Dad' army 'stupid boy' look...we said no more on the matter :p

Buy a beko, cheap brand so when it does go wrong you bin it and they outlast all the major brands
I
My mom now lives alone and subsequently uses her dishwasher as a cupboard for tinned and dry goods as she simply does not use it anymore. I asked her if she wanted me to remove it and put a cupboard in it's place.

She gave me a real Dad' army 'stupid boy' look...we said no more on the matter :p

In the kitchen we have a wine fridge. a fridge (Tupperware storage), a freezer and another fridge (all fitted) ........don't ask me why ....that is how the house was when we purchased it. We also have a massive fridge/freezer in the attached garage.....and for two people they are always full. Go figure.

Well I think that washing machines and dishwashers cannot survive long with women using them,now we have all bought appliances,so the new washing machine is installed,the good lady is uncertain how to even start it so we both look at the instructions and with a talk through she manages to load and wash some clothes,fast forward a week and the door is slammed shut the dial is wizzed around to get the right setting and the soap dispenser is bashed into the machine along with a straight finger jab to the start button.

Well I think that washing machines and dishwashers cannot survive long with women using them,now we have all bought appliances,so the new washing machine is installed,the good lady is uncertain how to even start it so we both look at the instructions and with a talk through she manages to load and wash some clothes,fast forward a week and the door is slammed shut the dial is wizzed around to get the right setting and the soap dispenser is bashed into the machine along with a straight finger jab to the start button.

Welcome back my old friend.

when i bought my house i bought a hotpoint washing machine with all the whistles and bells, cost like £600 10 years ago and broke down 4 times in the first 3 years and the last time it broke down needed a £100 part, just thought **** it and bought a new beko, been in 8 years now and has worked faultlessly (it will break down now) so im a convert

I'm no expert in these things but I believe that the "cheaper machines" do not wash as well and are not as economical / efficient with water and electricity as the "more expensive" machines.

We've been together 45 years and have always had an automatic clothes washer and because of our frequent moves (homes in 8 countries over the years) have had a range of them. When we arrived in Oz my wife had done her research and insisted on a Miele washer & dryer. She says they perform much better (obviously subjective) than any other machines she has had. They are now 11 years old have been faultless inspite of many moves/handling.... Adelaide > Brisbane > Storage > Leeds > current location

I'm no expert in these things but I believe that the "cheaper machines" do not wash as well and are not as economical / efficient with water and electricity as the "more expensive" machines.

We've been together 45 years and have always had an automatic clothes washer and because of our frequent moves (homes in 8 countries over the years) have had a range of them. When we arrived in Oz my wife had done her research and insisted on a Miele washer & dryer. She says they perform much better (obviously subjective) than any other machines she has had. They are now 11 years old have been faultless inspite of many moves/handling.... Adelaide > Brisbane > Storage > Leeds > current location
Agree on Miele products our washer and dishwasher have been in use over 12 years and still as good as new. The wash quality and programme choice is excellent.

Brisbane...daughter no. 1 just moved there for work...living in Redland Bay. Likes the climate better than Melbourne.

Our most reliable appliance has been our Bosch D/W...20 years old when we left it behind last year in a house move.

Washing machines were least reliable...but the D&G policy always sorted that.

Tumble drier still going at 10...though worried about fire now!!!

Dishwashers are simple mechanically...most problems are with the complex electronics they use. But it was always this way, in the '60s my mother had an Indesit, when it broke down... it was the controller.

Brisbane...daughter no. 1 just moved there for work...living in Redland Bay. Likes the climate better than Melbourne.
Melbourne has weird weather - 4 seasons in a day as the say there. We lived in Wellington Point, probably 2 miles from Redlands Bay.

I've seen a mix of results with different brands over the years.

3 year old built-in Bosch fridge died.
5 year old oven failed during the time we were selling that house.
18 year old Bosch dishwasher still going strong
18 year old never heard of it "Brandt" fridge still going strong
6 year old Samsung failed at 2 years which I fixed with new inlet valve, dryer got clogged earlier this year which I cleared out which killed the thermostat so I replaced that too. Leaks a little and hanging on but suspect not long for this world
Very young Miele washer-dryer my dad had failed and even the engineer who came to fix told him not to bother with another as they are shyte

I think if you speak to enough people, you'll get every make being the best, average and the worst.

Like cars, it's luck so I spend a decent sum and ensure the longest warranty period possible. If you are lucky, it will last for years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom