Release dates for COMAND upgrades????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NISFAN

Car
F13 M6.....for now
Hi All,

I have a W204 with COMAND version 5.0. Latest version is 2009/2010 V6.0.

Does anyone know when version 7.0 will be released, as I am keen to upgrade mine, but don't want to be paying £200 odd for v6.0 and a month or so later v7.0 comes out. :doh:

Am I right in saying a new version has just been released for W212??? Does that mean W204 update is due soon too?

Why? Because I don't want to buy V6.0 for £200 when V7.0 is due out also for £200. I'd rather wait.

Why do people wait for the new reg to come out?

This is my first comand, and I have no idea on the frequency of the updates. As V6 is labelled 2009/2010, and V5 was 2008/2009 I would imagine there is a 2010/2011 version due out this year. Hopefully it will support full 7 digit postcodes too :)

Ask Alfie, Richard or your dealer. Good thing about the latest Comand systems is once you update the maps on the harddrive you can just sell the dvd on.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no one seems to be selling a V6.0 DVD, I have looked.

If anyone does have one I am willing to buy it off them, or even to rent it for an hour or so :)

Nisfan, F Y I Until Feb this year I was using a 2003 / 2004 version with no problems. Reason I upgraded was I went fron Audio 50 to Full Command. Other than that I would not have bothered. Your V5 must be 2006 or so not seen that much road building in the last 5 years. Just my opinion.

Nisfan, F Y I Until Feb this year I was using a 2003 / 2004 version with no problems. Reason I upgraded was I went fron Audio 50 to Full Command. Other than that I would not have bothered. Your V5 must be 2006 or so not seen that much road building in the last 5 years. Just my opinion.

The updates will have bigger impact if the OP does a lot of town driving, due to revised restrictions and priorities, changes to one-way systems, etc.

V5 on the W204 NTG4 is 2008/2009 :) , but I drive for a living (or so it seems, travelling rep :)) so like to be able to trust the nav data, and it isn't just roads, POI's are just as important. Yep I use it for hotels, and finding that remote petrol station when I am running on fumes.

MB parts told me today that they don't get informed on map replacement schedule, but said that they normally change over around Feb/March. Apparently all new MB's from 2011 will get free map upgrades.

Original poster

Update - Have now updated my comand to v6.0 2009/2010. :)

Not had chance to try it out, but atleast my street is now featured, which means it will calculate a route right from my driveway, instead of waiting until I was on a steet it recognised.

Oh and managed to switch off convenience phone, so now looks for BT straight away. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom