Religious hypocrisy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieter

Car
2009 Jaguar XF 3.0D 'S'
Hi,

The Pope appears to not understand why the muslim population went 'potty' when he cited a 15th century quotation (even though the citation is factually correct the current climate is (probably) not the best time for its quotation) when a few months back the catholic church went 'potty' cos a fictional film (Da Vinci Code) was (going to) be(ing) shown :crazy: .

Why is it that it appears that more have died (are still dying) in the name of 'religion' than anything else? :eek:

Perhaps a new church of Agnostiscism would be more 'life favourable'?

Controversial but true??????????????????

Cheers,

Agreed

Lets keep it to less inflammatory subjects.

Ban all 4x4's :D :D

John the agnostic stirrer

Hi,

Point taken, especially regarding religious matters.

But, unfortunately, herin lies the problem. The subject becomes 'taboo' and its too 'PC' to discuss.

End of 'fred'.

John, Lets also ban all cars with > 250 BHP :D :D

Cheers,

Dieter said:
But, unfortunately, herin lies the problem. The subject becomes 'taboo' and its too 'PC' to discuss.
pm sent :) :)

Regards
Your good friend
Pope John

So talking about the Pope driving a Cayenne Turbo is out then ? :rolleyes:

Dieter said:
Why is it that it appears that more have died (are still dying) in the name of 'religion' than anything else? :eek:
Sorry but anyone who says 'religion causes more wars/deaths than anything else' is just wrong.

WWI - source wikipedia
The number of World War I casualties (military and civilian) was over 37 million - over 15 million deaths and 22 million wounded. This includes almost 9 million military deaths and about 6.6 million civilian deaths.

WWII - source wikipedia
The total estimated human loss of life caused by World War II, irrespective of political alignment, was roughly 62 million people. The civilian toll was around 37 million, the military toll about 25 million.

Iran-Iraq source iranchamber.com
Casualty figures are highly uncertain, though estimates suggest more than one and a half million war and war-related casualties -perhaps as many as a million people died, many more were wounded- and millions were made refugees. The Iraqis suffered an estimated 375,000 casualties. Another 60,000 were taken prisoner by the Iranians. The war claimed at least 300,000 Iranian lives and injured more than 500,000, out of a total population which by the war's end was nearly 60 million.

None of the above were 'Religious' disputes.

Last edited:
Dieter said:
John, Lets also ban all cars with > 250 BHP :D :D

Cheers,
But allow limitless TORQUE :bannana: :bannana:

Howard said:
So talking about the Pope driving a Cayenne Turbo is out then ? :rolleyes:
Yes, but okay if he were in an ML.

John

glojo said:
Yes, but okay if he were in an ML.

John
0,1020,188353,00.jpg

or..
pope_visit_gallery_08_470x470.jpg

"Sorry but anyone who says 'religion causes more wars/deaths than anything else' is just wrong".

Hi PJH,

Fair enough, but I did state that " it APPEARS that" and perhaps if I also omitted the word 'deaths' then my statement may have been more accurate.

Ultimately what we (humanity) should be aiming for is zero conflict, for whatever reason (including 4 x 4's, bhp and torque ;) ).

Cheers,

PJH said:
Sorry but anyone who says 'religion causes more wars/deaths than anything else' is just wrong.

Not entirely sure that the Jews of the 1930's would agree with that. well at least the 6m that didnt make it thru that period might have said something if they were still here.

And why exactly was Iraq Fighting with Iran?

Then there is/was the crusades!

But an interesting point here is the one about 4x4's and 250+bhp car. Audi are bringing out a 2ltr 261bhp car soon. and the poor old Fiat Panda 4x4 is really a good car for around £8k. Surely cars that eat fuel and dont go anywhere for it should be made more efficient! and if we have a fully electric range rover, do we still ban that?

And isnt it about time we repaired the wall that keeps them Jocks out?:) then at least G Brown wont be PM then!

Hell, i got religion, global warming, congestion measures, history and politics all in one post!

best go hide in case i get shot for breaching the rules!:eek:

Last edited:
Yes, lots of Jews did die during the WW, but religion was not the initial cause of war.

The Iran-Iraq war was a dispute over a waterway.

The Crusades were small conflicts compared to modern day wars.

I'm all for the Scots having their own Parliament, I wish the ones in Downing St would go home and stop running England. :D

PJH said:
Yes, lots of Jews did die during the WW, but religion was not the initial cause of war.
Didnt Hitler blame the Jews for the capitulation of the great war 1914-1918? That was his motivation and was the reason he accepted the final solution. The war was started to end that type of extermination! So you could argue it was started by the despotic religious hatred of jews by the One Gonaded idiot looking shortarse!

Didnt Slobodobodan do the same thing in Yugobosniagaviniahertzrentacar?

PJH said:
The Iran-Iraq war was a dispute over a waterway.

Now again, Iraq was created by religious differnces in disputed areas! they may well have had an argument over who owns, or in fact who doesnt own which bit, but the terrotorial arguments started due to religuous differenecs in that area way back when Iraq was first given its borders. By us!

PJH said:
The Crusades were small conflicts compared to modern day wars.
True in the fact of the amount of people. but were you to do the percetnage game on this, it would look quite horrific. Thing is, did they find the Holy Grail?:)

PJH said:
I'm all for the Scots having their own Parliament, I wish the ones in Downing St would go home and stop running England. :D

I wonder how many Scots have the same view about us running thier country? And who benefits most from the union of our countries? I dont know the answer to these questions. Is there any English in the scottish Parliment?

Mind you, who voted for Prescott?

Iraq is a classic case of divide and conquer.. dont expect any of the boys to be coming home soon. Saddam was a bad man... but he had control over this area and kept all at bay including the U.S. Why did we have to throw a spanner in that one?

I always thought the crusades were a huge conflict? more so if compared to what goes on today?

As for hitler... his hatred for Jews stems from art school iirc.... his art teacher always hated his works and was threw out of art school??

Going back to the pope... I think this could have happened and could have been discussed on all parts in a climate if it was not so hostile and sensitve as it is at the minute. All sides stand to exploit and manipulate the situation just as things start to settle.

Just my opinion of course.

PJH said:

Where does the line differ between politics and fanatisism(sp) especially in todays climate?:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom