Reload Silica spray sealant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luton Town

Car
A45 and loving it.
I had my last car treated with a Siramik glass coat at a professional car detailer and he recommended that I used the Reload by Car pro which I have been doing for the last two and a half years.I am picking my new car up this week but I can not stretch to having a glass coat this time.Is it worth me carrying on using the reload silica spray as it has been great or should I use something else.I am getting an E class coupe in metallic obsidian black by the way.I wash the car every 2 weeks or so myself using the 2 bucket method etc with the scratch guard bits in the buckets and any more advise would be most welcome,thanks.

New E class coupe,
very nice! pulled up at the side of one in me gritter last night, superb motor, and the interior ambient lighting (he had the purple on) was stunning, mind you don't think he would've been to pleased with me at the side of him. :)

New E class coupe,
very nice! pulled up at the side of one in me gritter last night, superb motor, and the interior ambient lighting (he had the purple on) was stunning, mind you don't think he would've been to pleased with me at the side of him. :)
LOL!!!!!! Bet he loved you!!!

Reload is a maintenance product for protected vehicles so you'd need to have your vehicle detailed and ceramic coating applied in order for your maintenance washes with reload to continue.

Reload is a maintenance product for protected vehicles so you'd need to have your vehicle detailed and ceramic coating applied in order for your maintenance washes with reload to continue.
will the Reload not act as a stand alone sealant instead of wax,thanks.

Yes reload can act as a stand alone product as wax but unlike wax reload can be removed if you use aggressive traffic film removers and all purpose cleaners for a few washes. A iron fallout remover is a ideal inbetween for cleansing the surface while still maintaining your protection. Obviously wax can withstand a bit more abuse from the aggressive pre washes.

Yes reload can act as a stand alone product as wax but unlike wax reload can be removed if you use aggressive traffic film removers and all purpose cleaners for a few washes. A iron fallout remover is a ideal inbetween for cleansing the surface while still maintaining your protection. Obviously wax can withstand a bit more abuse from the aggressive pre washes.
cheers pal

Like you I figured wth, so I used the reload on my windows and the back of the trunk as a test and it seems to work similar to wax. I washed and clayed those surfaces first. As far as I know, and from the looks of it, it had no previous coating of any type on it. It goes on and wipes off like liquid wax. I did it maybe three months ago and while it's not shedding water like a real ceramic coating (per youtube vids), it's certainly better than the areas I did not treat. It left no film on the glass btw.

Wonder how long just the reload will last?

Anyway, there are probably other/better waxes to apply that aren't much harder to do. Something like one of the collinites.

Anyway, there are probably other/better waxes to apply that aren't much harder to do. Something like one of the collinites.
I should've added that it isn't shedding very well now so imo it doesn't seem any better than regular wax. If I had to guess maybe it is just wax, but seein's how most products for cars are bs I'm bit skeptical. So in summary, considering decades of experience, so far it seems to acts no different than if I had used plain ol' wax. It did go on real nice and was no trouble at all getting off, so if it were labeled as plain wax I'd be pretty happy with it and no doubt buy again! If has some special properties then I'm unaware, but I'm just one dude with one test on one car.
I test it further but I have some actual ceramic coat I'm waiting to put on when I have time and the weather's good. Maybe I'll put some on my friends car.... Wax my name on the side so as to more easily see the difference :) Oh, shhh, here he comes...

Duragloss Aquagloss is brilliant - can be applied while you dry and builds up if you use a gentle shampoo for washing (e.r. Dodo Juice Born to be Mild).

Ive used reload in a snow foam lance and diluted the product so i get a few uses out of it. The reason being is this product is safe on all exterior surfaces so instead of spraying the product you can point and spread everywhere evenly with the lance and yes this returns the same results and less of a forearm ache from constantly spraying. There is a concentrated version of reload which is ideal for this diluted experience. The product lasts 6 months if your topping up its slickness with gtechniq c2 per wash to accelerate the water beading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom