Remap deleted - software update - Remap again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ai6aq

Car
E220 CDI Bluetec
Hi all - newbie here with W212 (facelift) E220 Bluetec - had the vehicle remapped a few months back but then EML came on with NOx sensor needing replacing. Took it to an Indie and they replaced it but said I need to update the software at the same time. Told them about the remap but they said it was going to be deleted and I had no choice (apparently) as the light would come back on if software not updated. Absolutely f&%*ing screwing to say the least

I am now thinking of re-mapping again but don't want to keep wasting my money in case there are any future updates that need to be done - as the saying goes "once bitten, twice shy"

Hi all - newbie here with W212 (facelift) E220 Bluetec - had the vehicle remapped a few months back but then EML came on with NOx sensor needing replacing. Took it to an Indie and they replaced it but said I need to update the software at the same time. Told them about the remap but they said it was going to be deleted and I had no choice (apparently) as the light would come back on if software not updated. Absolutely f&%*ing screwing to say the least

I am now thinking of re-mapping again but don't want to keep wasting my money in case there are any future updates that need to be done - as the saying goes "once bitten, twice shy"
Don't do it then . Simples .....

Reputable remmapers will carry-out a re-map either free, or at a reduced cost.

If it was a standard map, they may be able to ship to you a OBDII dongle containing the updated map (and locked to your car's VIN).

If it was a custom map, they will likely have a copy saved on their computer.

Either way, if you want the remapping back, contact the remapper and see what they say.

Reputable remmapers will carry-out a re-map either free, or at a reduced cost.

If it was a standard map, they may be able to ship to you a OBDII dongle containing the updated map (and locked to your car's VIN).

If it was a custom map, they will likely have a copy saved on their computer.

Either way, if you want the remapping back, contact the remapper and see what they say.
Good shout - I contacted the garage and they said it's new software which means it'll need a new tune - not sure if that is entirely true and they just making more £££ out of this but hey thats capitalism for you

Just an FYI on this topic.

Our lowly but dependable 2011 reg 1.5dci Qashqai+2 had a recall last week (yes really!)

Main dealer couldn't tell what it it was for apart from "continuing to optimise the optimisation of the engine" (again, yes really, verbatim). Would bet it's emissions....

Once home, I plugged the superchips bluefin device to check the remap that's been on it for the last 6 years (we've had it nearly 7 years)
Error, vehicle mismatch, default map loaded reported. And on the drive home, the flat spot / lag that plagued the car originally was there again, so I had guessed something was up....

A few emails and uploads to Max at SC and it turns out it's a new ECU map to them. They rewrote their remap parameters through it, modelled it for a day and emailed it back via their pc app.

Loaded up, all good.

Despite it being a new map on what their system said was a 'new / different' car, free remaps post recall updates are part of the original (reasonable) price.
I know they're not massively well thought of on here, but can't fault that (and the ,+20% remap has been faultless for the last 6 years, including getting rid of that sodding flat spot at just above 1k)

I would have expected all mappers to do this if the circumstances are as genuine....

Just to add (I know this is a month old thread), when you get your new software remapped again, it will still have any features the mercedes software update put in there.
For instance, there was an update on the 350 diesel which amongst other changes, stopped the car changing into top gear until 80+ mph where it would quite happily shift at 50 before.
A new remap did not revert this function..

not sure if that is entirely true and they just making more £££ out of this but hey thats capitalism for you
I wonder if remaps would be available without capitalism... can't see production of ECU upgrades for the proletariat being a high priority without it... 🤔

I know. Politics. 🤐

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom