Remap do I? don’t I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimmTurner

Car
E class
Hi all! I hope y’all are ok!?

I’ve been chatting to a few friends who have had their cars remapped. (None mb)

I’ve got the 2017 E Class 2.0 diesel, with around 190bhp?
They were telling me they’ve had a 50/50 remap but I don’t know enough about them so that’s why I’m asking the experts!
What sort of bhp can I expect and is there any downsides to having it done? I wouldn’t want to cause huge damage down the line as I’ll have this for a number of years!
As always, thanks in advance for your responses! If I’ve missed any relevant information just holler!
Cheers!!

There are benefits to be had from a remapped chip such as ironing out flatspots, better economy and more horsies, but you might have to declare it with your insurers otherwise you could find you are not covered in the case of a mishap.... you would probably get an extra 30+ bhp and perhaps 50 Nm torque increase

I spoke with Admiral who said if I did remap my car they wouldn't charge a penny more. NO idea why but it is what it is.

They do bands for performance increase to determine any premium changes
0-10%
11-25%
26% - Do not cover

I think you have to ask yourself why you want a remap. Higher top speed = bhp + delimit.
Acceleration boost = torque + some bhp.
People asked why I remapped my CLS55 when it was already barking mad.
You can never have enough.

I usually do my daily drive in eco or comfort mode, but take off is a bit slow for my liking, o want it a bit more responsive and extra bhp and is never a bad thing!
On my old mondeo I got a tuning box which seemed fantastic at first then it blew my injectors so I’m always really dubious!

Not surprised they all fool fuel temp or fuel rail pressure to the ecu so the ecu cranks it up and either the rail or injectors give .

Slow take of could be drive by wire throttle pedal lag .

You won't get better MPG, but a re-map is definitely worth it, the go to one's on here seem to be, GAD and MSL. :) 👍

Spoken to a guy that’s done my mates sprinter? He comes out and maps them to the vehicle’s own ecu? He charges £250? He’s plugged my details in and sent me a screenshot of what I can expect. So I just wanted to run it past you guys first!

Screenshot

Attachments

• B93B876D-36BF-4F83-A842-049663B561C4.jpeg
    B93B876D-36BF-4F83-A842-049663B561C4.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 14
And who is the author of the remap file ?

Sometimes put down to one person's name !

Numbers are meaningless without a realistic dyno .

John at Big Fish writes the diesel remap files for Acid at MSL .

Mine had a custom dyno remap via the OBD. no chip replacement with whatever map or opening the ECU. I could watch Dyno Phil's work in real time on the slave screen next to the dyno bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom