Remap - high milage car ?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IceBoy

Car
C200cdi W204 auto Elegance
Hi All,

I just spoke with a nice chap from Angel Tunning and he informs me that the tunning is done with the milage and mechanical condition in mind.

What are your thoughts?......my car has 150k!!!

I'm picking up my esatate e320cdi s211-53 reg next week and am thinking of driving via Banbury to get a full service and remap by Angel.

Thoughts please.
IceBoy

Last edited:
he informs me that the tunning is done with the milage and mechanical condition in mind.

As a legal statement that fills me with no confidence.

Not withstanding that, if you're only going to be using the extra bhp on rare occasions then it wouldn't bother me, but if you drive with a heavy right foot I'd anticipate significant accelerated engine and component wear.

Hi All,

I just spoke with a nice chap from Angel Tunning and he informs me that the tunning is done with the milage and mechanical condition in mind.

What are your thoughts?......my car has 150k!!!

I'm picking up my esatate e320cdi s211-53 reg next week and am thinking of driving via Banbury to get a full service and remap by Angel.

Thoughts please.
IceBoy

Just read 150k, what is it you are hoping for?

It is nice just to have the extra power on hand if and when you need it.

My c70 t5 auto was mapped and it transformed the car. Also the a6 tdi which had the Jabba sport treatment was like an animal.

The only thing is all the previous cars were 50-80k this has 150k.

Your thoughts, experience and comments are appreciated.

IceBoy

Impossible to say on mileage alone, the important part is the general health and much of this will be how its been driven in the past and how well looked after. My advice would be to check through everything in terms of paperwork and any detail on the servicing from Mercedes. Once you have driven it for a while in different conditions you will appreciate much more its strengths and weaknesses. Cold starts, heavy traffic, long motorway journeys are when you really start to find out what the car is like. By waiting you will also appreciate the difference any modifications you make have to the way the car drives.

Thanks SavMan, good advice.
IceBoy

Perhaps their intended message was that, if a significant numer of your horses have already escaped due to wear and tear, you'll probably get significantly less than the expected benefit from a purely software enhancement?

Also make sure the car is 100% in order.

Just because it has MB history it could need some attention still.

Has the gearbox oil ever been changed?

At 150k the gearbox will probably be the weakest drivetrain component.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom