Remap or not to Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Just looked at the above, I'm putting out 272hp factory, with a map apparently I'm looking at 295hp, have to say I'd expect a bit more than that, opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Which engine is it?

This one?!?
b81590af7523f230a96f2d58c881e85f.png

The power increase on the Grand Edition was due to the addition of a Brabus tuning chip giving an extra 48bhp over the standard engine. Therefore your car already has a Brabus remap over the standard engine.

Do it. The amount of torque released by the remap will be very satisfying. Alternatively you can fit a diesel tuning box. They are a bit more money but also easy on, easy off and retain some residual value unlike a map.

I contacted a few of the well known mapping companies when i got my Grand Edition and they all said there were only minimal gains over the standard fit Brabus box that was fitted from the factory.

One of the options was to remove the box and carry out a tune to the ECU from scratch but there were no guarantees that it would be an improvement over the stock (all round) figures.

Celtic recon they can take it to over 300hp but i haven`t found any (dyno) proof of that as most upgrades i have found locally are plug and play with no rolling road setup time.

For the £450 you are being quoted i would have wanted more than 20hp and 25n/m of torque , different if you are getting 20 - 25% more which you would be if you were "chipping" a stock W219 diesel so not really worth it for me anyway.

Kenny

Why?.......................

Did this rubbish get posted? It is just advertising !

Not even related to the thread on tuning a MB

Do it. The amount of torque released by the remap will be very satisfying. Alternatively you can fit a diesel tuning box. They are a bit more money but also easy on, easy off and retain some residual value unlike a map.

Did you read the thread?? His gains are made minimal due to Ks already having a Brabus tune on it......

[emoji849]

Did you read the thread?? His gains are made minimal due to Ks already having a Brabus tune on it......

[emoji849]

I've got a tuning box, that's made a difference I have to admit.

Might not be huge gains compared to some diesels but it's still a big difference, I'd get it done if I was you.

I did. It said nothing about having a 'Brabus tune' (you mean diesel box?) on the car.

I've got a tuning box, that's made a difference I have to admit.

Only now it did.

;)

I didn't say it didn't?

That's what I thought but Lennox mentioned 'Brabus tune' and 'Ks'. Maybe he should clarify what he meant to say.

That's what I thought but Lennox mentioned 'Brabus tune' and 'Ks'. Maybe he should clarify what he meant to say.

Evidence below..... but maybe the link was too subtle for some...

The power increase on the Grand Edition was due to the addition of a Brabus tuning chip giving an extra 48bhp over the standard engine. Therefore your car already has a Brabus remap over the standard engine.

So hence he already has something and the difference won't be much of the jump with a different box or map on it... that's all I was referring too and assume you had just replied to the thread title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom