Remap or race chip for 5.5 biturbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kalvin928

Car
S205 C63s , Lotus Carlton replica, CLK 200 Kompressor
If everything goes ok; hopefully should be purchasing 2012 e63 5.5 with performance pack claiming 550bhp...
Car has always been serviced By Mercedes so will keep tradition going.... just the servicing though. I understand that if i decide to remap then in some cases the ecu needs to be drilled/ opened up.. depending on this; some tuners wont take a chance. I also thought if opted for the Race chip then it' give more flexibility in that you have a certain amount of control of functions . Also leading off from this I gather with just ecu remap/ tune could bring up around 600bhp.... what would be requirements to hit around 700 bhp please? In the sense of modifications needed? Many thx

Talk to Acid at MSL Performance. In conjunction with John at Big Fish Tuning they probably know more than anyone else in the UK about tuning the M157 Biturbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above. Acid does not do any Drilling !!:wallbash:

Nobody should be drilling them any more. This was done in the very early stages as it was thought (wrongly) that there were light sensitive components inside.

It just pulls off the car after disconnecting the wiring clips, and 4 screws hold it together. As said above MSL Performance, combined with Big Fish Tuning, are known for these and can get very healthy figures from them without compromising the driveability aspect.

Skip the remap and go for new impellers. MSL + BFT = 900BHP.

I have a S212 E63 5.5 and i am in the same position as yourself , would be interested to know prices and options also :)

If everything goes ok; hopefully should be purchasing 2012 e63 5.5 with performance pack claiming 550bhp...
Car has always been serviced By Mercedes so will keep tradition going.... just the servicing though. I understand that if i decide to remap then in some cases the ecu needs to be drilled/ opened up.. depending on this; some tuners wont take a chance. I also thought if opted for the Race chip then it' give more flexibility in that you have a certain amount of control of functions . Also leading off from this I gather with just ecu remap/ tune could bring up around 600bhp.... what would be requirements to hit around 700 bhp please? In the sense of modifications needed? Many thx

Each car is different but to give you an idea mine went to around 666BHP after map and air filter (Not MSL). After downpipes (sport cats), capristo exhaust and a better MSL/Big Fish tune, it hit around 700BHP. I don't think the capristo exhaust plays a big part but going decat will help hit the 700 mark a lot easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom