Remap & Pulley Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL55-blackrep

Car
Sl55 AMG
Decided to go for a remap and smaller pulley on my 2004 SL55

My question is because i cant believe the differnce in remap prices from one place to another.

Can anyone reccomend the best place preferably in the Midlands to get a remap and smaller pulley thats good value for money.

I dont mean cheapest but I just find it difficult to see how the prices can vary so much.

Advise please

Try MSL based in Birmingham. Well thought of on this forum.

Dont choose a place on price, thats when things get expensive.
MSL are well known and know what they are doing.

As above, look no further than MSL Birmingham. Huge experience remapping AMG's, your car is in good hands there.
Probably better to call Acid directly on 07765 44 44 47

Would echo the above advice based on my own experience and others I have read. :thumb:

Book in for this Saturday, Acid quoted me a good price.
Will share my results shortly for those interested.

Book in for this Saturday, Acid quoted me a good price.
Will share my results shortly for those interested.

Always interested :)

Hopefully you won't be disappointed...

84mm mate..

Great service from MSL no suprise after what i was told on here.. they really perciviered with my car not quite making the power gains Acid wanted.

Possible slight boost leak from the supercharger gaskets or maybe old spark plugs.

Ended up going from 422 bhp at the wheels to 452 at the wheels
497 flywheel 532 flywheel

Decent tourque increase.

Overall not too bad for a 164,000 miler i got on the cheap

Service is always excellent there.

That's still around 535bhp and 640lb/ft so good figures and if there is a slight issue somewhere then you are only 15-25bhp down.

How big is the difference between 77 and 84mm pulleys? Power wise.

Do you mind saying how much you paid for the map? PM if you don't mind :)

A smaller pulley on the supercharged petrol engines will make the supercharger spin faster and therefore pump more air into the engine allowing more power to be made.

It is an almost essential if not necessary mod on a supercharged AMG. You don't need it but you gotta have it.

Ah, I see thanks. So it's not something I could do to my C320 CDI? :D

Marco.

Don't worry about it Marco. Just another mod for us old people with petrol engined cars who need a bit more power. :D

BTW, I'll be in Rossett Hall with my taxi on the 15 July if you want to hear a noisy Merc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom