Remap!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merkaholic

Car
Mercedes CLS 320cdi
Hi folks.......few weeks ago I had a remap done on my 2009 cls 320. It was one of those which was not done on a rolling road. The chap used quantum maps (i think). I asked for a eco map. Since the remap the car has done over 500 miles and the mpg was far less then when it was standard. I asked him to check it and it appears he had done a power map!!!!! He remapped it again today and it seems when i switch the car off the fan seems to be running and a burning smell seems to be coming!!!!! I have asked him to put it back to the standard map but was concernd about the fan and smell???

Last edited:
Safest thing to do is eliminate the map, ask him to put it back to standard, and see if you still have the problem. This assumes you have checked everything else, like temps, water and oil levels etc.

Safest thing to do is eliminate the map, ask him to put it back to standard, and see if you still have the problem. This assumes you have checked everything else, like temps, water and oil levels etc.

Coincidentally car is going in for a service today so will get the garage to have a quick look

Sort of on topic (apart from the fan issue), how did the car drive mapped, quick / worth it?

Just on my way to him now........the power map did make a difference but not what i was after. Foud engine to be noisier. On local conservative driving i am getting approx 19mpg

Blimey that MPG is disappointing! Let us all know how you get on.

Good afternoon.
Car has been put back to original map.
Question is now is it worth paying £300 for a economy remap for a car that does approx 4k miles a year

Question should be why do i have a diesel doing 4k miles a year.
Me and the CLS have old scores to settle........its my 2nd CLS after owning 1 for a very short spell 9 years ago to the month...........re living the romance

Yesterday the gentlemen programme the original map back. I have done a 15 mile journey today of local and dual carriageway. It is giving me approx 23/24 mpg........i have been driving conservatively. Shoud i be getting more????

Just a further update.........i have been driving the car most of the day with stop starts and not once has the fan come on after i switched off the engine.

Just a further update.........i have been driving the car most of the day with stop starts and not once has the fan come on after i switched off the engine.

It must of been reaching considerably higher temperatures with the remap, hence the reason why the fan had to work harder to cool the engine. That is a little off putting...

It would be interesting to know if this happens to other mercs? I dont remember it happening on my previous CLS.

It would be interesting to know if this happens to other mercs? I dont remember it happening on my previous CLS.

There are quite a number of happy owners of remapped cars on here. Was the previous CLS remapped also?

There are quite a number of happy owners of remapped cars on here. Was the previous CLS remapped also?
Yep......had it done on a dyno.......i went for the eco map.

Yep......had it done on a dyno.......i went for the eco map.
Why don't you go to the same place to have this remap..?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Why don't you go to the same place to have this remap..?

I had it done in 2008........for the life of me i cant remember the name of the company. I even tried on the forum here but no luck. I asked my old mate google but even he seems lost. I have been recommended MSL so that might be my next point of call. I need a full day for MSL (live in london) and i only get 1 day off.

I had it done in 2008........for the life of me i cant remember the name of the company. I even tried on the forum here but no luck. I asked my old mate google but even he seems lost. I have been recommended MSL so that might be my next point of call. I need a full day for MSL (live in london) and i only get 1 day off.
Another well regarded company is GAD tuning in Essex, I haven't had any experience with either, so can't recommend anything from personal experience.

Another well regarded company is GAD tuning in Essex, I haven't had any experience with either, so can't recommend anything from personal experience.

Thanks for the recommendation........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom