Remap....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

et0609

Car
E350d
Hi, looking for thoughts on this. A friend of mine at work had a remap done on his Chrysler which has the same V6 3.0 diesel engine as my E350. He swears it was worth it and had the remap done by way of a device that was pre-programmed for his engine and sent to him to remap himself.

I wouldnt do this but I do like the idea of a remap by a reputable company who can provide assurances that any remap wouldnt harm the engine or gearbox. The car is now out of warranty.

Celtic Tuning get generally favourable reviews and seem to be a popular choice. They are also not too far away from me.

Anyone had any experience of Celtic Tuning or remapping in general that could offer your experience on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

Celtic Tuning did my E250 S212.
A rolling road remap upped my bhp from 206 to 254bhp and torque went up to 600nm.
My fuel economy has improved, as long as I'm not too heavy with the right foot.
I get 53-56mpg on a long run and 40-43mpg on my 14 mile mixed road commute

As with any remapping I always wonder if it was that easy why wouldn’t the maker do it. We had our VW remapped for the emissions and it never ran the same afterwards. If it was simply a matter of software why did they need to cheat in the first place.

Hi, looking for thoughts on this.

Celtic Tuning get generally favourable reviews and seem to be a popular choice. They are also not too far away from me.
Anyone had any experience of Celtic Tuning or remapping in general that could offer your experience on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

I used Celtic Tuning in 2016 to perk up my S205 petrol C200 Estate and very pleased with the result, standard 181bhp went up to 245bhp and 221lb ft torque went to 291. Absolutely no problems at all, the car is very smooth with strong urge from around 1600rpm. I’ve had two full annual services at Mercedes main dealer since then, no issues raised. Fully comp insurance went up from £360 to £450 but I consider that money well spent.
The work was done by the local Hampshire dealer Eco Vehicle Tuning and I can thoroughly recommend their professionalism.

I used Celtic six months ago to remap my X5 diesel. Mobile. Unit came to my office and did it in the car park. Very pleased with the result. My 235 bhp 30d now holds its own with my colleagues X6. 40d, so their 300bhp claim can't be too far off the mark.

I used Celtic Tuning in 2016 to perk up my S205 petrol C200 Estate and very pleased with the result, standard 181bhp went up to 245bhp and 221lb ft torque went to 291. Absolutely no problems at all, the car is very smooth with strong urge from around 1600rpm. I’ve had two full annual services at Mercedes main dealer since then, no issues raised. Fully comp insurance went up from £360 to £450 but I consider that money well spent.
The work was done by the local Hampshire dealer Eco Vehicle Tuning and I can thoroughly recommend their professionalism.

Dyno print out ?

As with any remapping I always wonder if it was that easy why wouldn’t the maker do it.
Because they have emission and noise regs to meet. Unless....

We had our VW remapped for the emissions and it never ran the same afterwards. If it was simply a matter of software why did they need to cheat in the first place.

....they do in essence tune to remap level as in your case (when the car was supplied new) and have to resort to cheating for the emissions test.

The Chrysler may have the same mechanical engine as your car...but does it come with the exact same map in the ECU ?, Exhaust, weight, differential, tyre and wheel size.....?

All factors. Same engine does not mean same car. If you do go head please let us know how you get on :thumb:

talking to John from big fish tuning about mine at the moment, looking at 261 bhp and 635 nm, going to get it in for a power run next week hopefully to see where it is now as dont think its standard but also dont think its been done correct as in ecu out to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom