Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Drive by wire throttle lag...

Prod throttle out of junction or joining a roundabout from a stop .

Shock horror it takes time to respond .
My wife even complains about it on her B180 and she is a very sedate driver.

They love to moan about something .
Rather the car than me. ;) I got sick of teh moaning and said I'd install a sprint booster. She said not to bother. Still not happy about the car. Go figure!

Why was it not sold like that from the factory? (Don't say emissions....;)).

I don't get the whole remap thing either. If someone wants a car with more power, why don't they buy one with the power they need in the first place!

Because you can magically increase power and torque and keep your mpg .

580 Nm and 60+ mpg is quite a combination !

Rather the car than me. ;) I got sick of teh moaning and said I'd install a sprint booster. She said not to bother. Still not happy about the car. Go figure!

Just put it in only takes 10 mins and most of that is waiting for the Canbus to calm , set it and detach the controller , nothing to see...

Why was it not sold like that from the factory? (Don't say emissions....;)).

I don't get the whole remap thing either. If someone wants a car with more power, why don't they buy one with the power they need in the first place!

Why not like that from the factory? Many reasons, but often model hierarchy. Or in the case of VAG, in particular, brand hierarchy (e.g. why does the same engine/turbo combination producing much less power/torque in Skoda than Seat, and less in Seat than VW?) Any yes, emissions!

The point is that you can unlock the potential of an engine without compromising reliability for around £500, but paying for a model with that level of power/torque from the factory would cost many thousands of £££ more.

Personally, I love this benefit as it's allowed me to have much more powerful cars more cheaply through remapping over the last 20 years. Long may it continue. I will always remap my cars; it's a total no-brainer in my opinion.

I'll be honest, on a diesel car I wouldn't be without a re-map now.

I owned my E320cdi for about 2 years, did 20k stock then took it to a local mapper. Totally transformed the car, the throttle response was the most noticeable thing. Then the power and torque were really something, mostly the toque.

I bought my S320cdi which I know is a heavier car but on paper similar performance to the E320. I had it mapped within 6 months and now it feels how it should. Smoother, 1-2mpg better on a run but the extra torque means it pulls how I'd expect. In fact it has similar torque figures to my CLS63. It's no where near as quick but it's economical and feels good to drive.

I would totally recommend mapping an E220 diesel. You'll see a noticeable improvement in performance and even if you get the same MPG, it's a win win.

The only thing I'd say is that a tuning box is just very generic where as a modified map is better and customised to the car.

Looks like they've been reading this , lol .

No longer 120 Nm , but 70 Nm , still , tuning boxes rarely produce any claim .

Screenshot_20210417-214044_Chrome.jpg

+20% mpg , yeah right !

Good afternoon All

Just having a search around for a remap and any advice if tuning boxes are better?

Well i’m a week into owning my first Merc and absolutely in love with it, Its the CDI 220 amg sport+ estate 170
I have a few concerns but hopefully will feed off experience and recommendations from the Merc club experts.

I gather the 7g auto box will be the same as the 250 and able to cope with the added torque of a stage 1 remap and the turbo of course.
Thank you in advance for any advice.
👍
Well peeps.....Car remapped by, no regrets at all as i thought.👌👌👌👌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom