Remaped cls 55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Weldfixfab

Car
Cls 55 AMG
Hi i have a cls 55 amg i have noticed it has been remaped by msl giving 515 bhp will this have any detrimental affects on either engine or gear box

Especially not if you are pootling to the supermarket and back :rolleyes:

Sounds like just a map and no pulley. Very rare I spot a CLS55 in Nottingham, but did today in Mapperley. It was a cubanite grey one, was it you?

MSL's maps won't blow your mill. What torque do you have?
My CLS55 has 520hp and 770nm from Speed Ministry plus complete derestrict.
The CLS55 kept the 5 speed box because the 7 speed was not reliable with that torque.
You'll be fine.

should be fine as its only a slight increase in power over standard. But as said above its the torque that matters so far as the gearbox is concerned but you wont be massively up on that either

Small world. I live near Mapperley in Woodborough. Been in Nottingham most of my life bar 10 years in Yorkshire.

Im not far away either

MSL's maps won't blow your mill. What torque do you have?
My CLS55 has 520hp and 770nm from Speed Ministry plus complete derestrict.
The CLS55 kept the 5 speed box because the 7 speed was not reliable with that torque.
You'll be fine.
Hi mines got 515 bhp with 700+ kn i think its 5 speed box i love these cars

Yes agree, 515bhp is too low for a remapped 55k with a pulley. Depends where the figure is quoted from?

You are calculating the figures incorrectly in your posts above.

Look at the mapped power figure of 457.84. That is the bhp at the wheels.
Acid uses an 18% loss so your true bhp is 457.84 x 1.18 which is 540.25 bhp:banana:
That is what I was implying in Post # 14.

FYI your torque is 610 ft lbs at the crank.

That should make you happier:thumb:

Whats this about please see photo
I'd guess a bodge! But by whom and why ??? Which fuse box is it in? Maybe one of the CLS experts can identify that relay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom